OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Suns_PSD

I guess I don't understand what an Anderson connector is? Does it charge your trailer's batteries from your truck while driving down the road? How did you guys add the connector on your truck?

Thanks.

PS. Still learning!

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I guess I don't understand what an Anderson connector is? Does it charge your trailer's batteries from your truck while driving down the road? How did you guys add the connector on your truck?

Thanks.

PS. Still learning!

Well mate I will get crackin to explain in lamin terms what an anderson plug is. As fare as I understand it's Australian version of a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug. More robust

Hope this doesn't sound sound like I am taking the piss out of you

Cheers mate

CowboyKyle

Well mate I will get crackin to explain in lamin terms what an anderson plug is. As fare as I understand it's Australian version of a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug. More robust

Hope this doesn't sound sound like I am taking the piss out of you

Cheers mate
Sigh..... Because I know you'll make a smart remark about history class if I try to set the record straight, let me just go ahead and get in front of it. ;)

Have a seat over there, and turn your history books to page 1,877 and page 1,953. Here we can see Anderson Power was founded in the United States. Additionally, we can see the traditional "Anderson SB Plug" has been around for a very long time, originally used in.... forklifts. Australians (correctly) identified it as a better way to handle DC power loads with safe disconnect abilities. This falls squarely in line with how much more advanced they are, as far as anything and everything related to tow behind campers. Can you imagine if we had 12v cigarette sockets on our bumpers? :ROFLMAO:

@Suns_PSD check it out.

1719486728303.png1719486487782.png

gtbike96

I changed my PP75 connector over to an SB50. I like them much better. I use mine for a portable 400 watt solar panel. I will eventually add a DC-DC charger on the truck side that will connect through the SB50 connector as well.

Josh00333

Happy camper, in garden city Idaho is selling a 2022 dweller 15 for $31,995.00. They are another dealer dumping Obi’s product line. Along with a dweller 13 for $29,995.00. Great price…….

I put down on that Dweller 13 this morning!

Traveling next week so pick up hoping for the 12th.

It's a good little unit, in great shape. Dusty but other wise new. Only item I saw in two walk aboughts was the caulking in the bath seperated. I'll fix that with tape as done by one the members page 20 or so.

Was a great read catching up on this thread.

I'll do shocks reasonably soon, that's an ez one.

13's don't seem to wander like the 15's do? So I'll do some test drives after I pick it up. I'll scale it before loading and post loading.

Other wise I think just a deep clean and perp should be ready!

I'll probably put new ties on the preventative maintenance for next year.

It has AMG batteries now so I leave them till the need replacement then look at going lith.

This unit's a 22, has the temp sensor for the furnace by the door, and batteries are under the bed, gauge cluster on the right as you enter in the "kitchen" space.

I'm so impressed with the storage on this little guy. Certainly can't load a family of 5 with 3 dogs. But for just me maybe a Jeepette at some point to travel with. It will be a great exploration rig.

I'm not going to do the stuff ROA did in Moab LOL but forest service roads, back country two track out here in southern ID, trekking to the neat spots in Easter Oregon and my yearly trip to Moab for Easter Jeep this should be a great rig!

Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll post some delivery pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
I put down on that Dweller 13 this morning!

Traveling next week so pick up hoping for the 12th.

It's a good little unit, in great shape. Dusty but other wise new. Only item I saw in two walk aboughts was the caulking in the bath seperated. I'll fix that with tape as done by one the members page 20 or so.

Was a great read catching up on this thread.

I'll do shocks reasonably soon, that's an ez one.

13's don't seem to wander like the 15's do? So I'll do some test drives after I pick it up. I'll scale it before loading and post loading.

Other wise I think just a deep clean and perp should be ready!

I'll probably put new ties on the preventative maintenance for next year.

It has AMG batteries now so I leave them till the need replacement then look at going lith.

This unit's a 22, has the temp sensor for the furnace by the door, and batteries are under the bed, gauge cluster on the right as you enter in the "kitchen" space.

I'm so impressed with the storage on this little guy. Certainly can't load a family of 5 with 3 dogs. But for just me maybe a Jeepette at some point to travel with. It will be a great exploration rig.

I'm not going to do the stuff ROA did in Moab LOL but forest service roads, back country two track out here in southern ID, trekking to the neat spots in Easter Oregon and my yearly trip to Moab for Easter Jeep this should be a great rig!

Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll post some delivery pics.
Congrats on your new rig ! The caulking around the toilet is a known thing. I wish Thetford would fix that. Not that it matters, be aware OBI has virtually no customer support. Especially with warranty work. Vincent, with Obi is a POS ! Great product, terrible customer service from OBI ! That is why dealers are selling them off. I’m sure u will like your new d13.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk