OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Can you speak to experiences you've had with other trailer companies who have bent over backwards on a large scale to handle warranty claims?

I hear what your saying. ROA doesn't seem to happy with OBI. At one point they had to have 40 Dwellers/ Conqueror on thier lot. Now folks are buying them for 10k less then what ROA paid at dealer pricing.

Xid_az

My sticker is on the back side of the crossbar on the tongue.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Found it right where you said it was. With the toolbox up front and the sticker facing the rear, it was completely easy to miss unless you got the correct angle on it.

Really appreciate the help.

CowboyKyle

Lots of questions here. You work for the CIA ?

I got it from my own eyes.
I'm getting on the record, your real world experience, with OBi and otherwise.

So... That those reading your comments, have the full picture. You know.... As someone who has never owned or used a Dweller or dealt with them as a company. Just someone who sees a few points of concern on one internet message board, and then formulates an opinion they think is worth repeating to potential buyers and those researching.

No CIA. Just two adults having a conversation.

"One message board" huh. Print this one message board out and read it all. It's quite obvious there are many issues with these OBI units and add FB pages and you tube videos of one of there larger dealers and I feel like I can let folks know what there getting into. Good and bad.

CowboyKyle

"One message board" huh. Print this one message board out and read it all. It's quite obvious there are many issues with these OBI units and add FB pages and you tube videos of one of there larger dealers and I feel like I can let folks know what there getting into. Good and bad.
Yes. One message board. This one. I'm also on all of the Dweller Facebook groups. Are you?

Why didn't my Dweller have "many issues" over 900 miles of Wyoming backcountry?

Why didn't my Dweller have ONE SINGLE ISSUE over 900 miles of Wyoming backcountry?

If there really are "many issues" - Then probability suggests AT LEAST one of them would have surfaced under very rough conditions.

Probably because you fixed all the issues of which a good portion happen on the pavement so 900 miles ain't that many.

I have said this many times these trailers are a great value if you have skills.

CowboyKyle

Probably because you fixed all the issues of which a good portion happen on the pavement so 900 miles ain't that many.

I have said this many times these trailers are a great value if you have skills.
I changed the hitch, shocks and batteries. All of which, I could have waited. They had not failed me, at all. I changed them because they make my life easier and more convenient.

If someone doesn't have skills to repair or upgrade stuff, trailer ownership is not for them. Any trailer.

Treefarmer1

That's about right. Given how the dealers are acting toward the brand and the lack of warranties, these are simply "buyer beware" products. For the prices they're selling at they seem to be the rare off road bargains. If you are mechanically handy, find the OBI model that suits you're travelling/camping style, and plan on holding onto the trailer for many years, they are one of your best value options out there.

CowboyKyle

That's about right. Given how the dealers are acting toward the brand and the lack of warranties, these are simply "buyer beware" products. For the prices they're selling at they seem to be the rare off road bargains. If you are mechanically handy, find the OBI model that suits you're travelling/camping style, and plan on holding onto the trailer for many years, they are one of your best value options out there.
They really are great trailers. They're built well. They're comfortable. And they need minimal modifications to hang with trailers twice the price. Highly recommend them.

I changed the hitch, shocks and batteries. All of which, I could have waited. They had not failed me, at all. I changed them because they make my life easier and more convenient.

If someone doesn't have skills to repair or upgrade stuff, trailer ownership is not for them. Any trailer.

There are different levels of skills cowboy. My guess is your average off road trailer buyer like myself do not have the time tools or patience to fix or change a brand new trailer like many of you fine folks in this forum have. I just feel bad for anyone who paid full price on these units a few years ago or any 2024 models and have to change shocks etc.

I am sure folks are tired of this conversation so I will bow out.

I will still offer my opinions even if I don't own or ever dealt with OBI.

CowboyKyle

There are different levels of skills cowboy. My guess is your average off road trailer buyer like myself do not have the time tools or patience to fix or change a brand new trailer like many of you fine folks in this forum have. I just feel bad for anyone who paid full price on these units a few years ago or any 2024 models and have to change shocks etc.

I am sure folks are tired of this conversation so I will bow out.

I will still offer my opinions even if I don't own or ever dealt with OBI.
I'd argue that you are not the average off-road trailer buyer. You're the minority. The average off-road trailer buyer probably acknowledges that things aren't going to be perfect, and are equipped to handle it. You may be.... The average RV tourist. Or maybe the average boon docker. And there's nothing wrong with that. That's just simply a different style of traveling with a trailer. A Dweller CAN do those things, but those aren't it's design intent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk