OBS F250 Build

PSD

New tires, loaded up in the back of my F350 (I love this truck - it's got 320k miles and is going to be my future project when the F250 is done. It needs a lot of love...)
F250-28.jpg

Here they are - rolling chassis!
F250-29.jpg
F250-30.jpg

Kenda Klevers - 35x10.5 on 17" wheels. The wheels weren't my first choice, but it's been a difficult time to source parts, wheels included. I'll eventually get a set I like more, and these will become what I mount my winter studded tires on.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Seeing that bare roller makes me jealous of what's to come. I hear ya on settling for lesser parts. Half of my current build is on second, third or even fourth place choices due to poor availability. You either wait months or even years for parts to come back in stock or you get your hands on what you can in order to get things rolling. Like yourself I settled for a wheel that I wasn't in love with knowing that they will eventually get replaced down the line.

PSD

My iPhone took a swim in a river a while back and I never replaced it. I took these about a month ago on an old phone - since then the driveshafts have been installed and the fuel tanks / fuel lines are in.

Attachments

• F250-31.jpg
    F250-31.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • F250-32.jpg
    F250-32.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
  • F250-33.jpg
    F250-33.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 39
Looks great! Question, why did you get a 6BT instead of rebuilding and/or upgrading the 7.3? I don't know the exact specs of either without doing aa quick search, so I'm just curious.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

PSD

Looks great! Question, why did you get a 6BT instead of rebuilding and/or upgrading the 7.3? I don't know the exact specs of either without doing aa quick search, so I'm just curious.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I've just always had a thing for the 6bt. Growing up, my dad's cousin had one that he used for towing a race car. He put over 1 million miles on it, and always talked about how much he loved it, how efficient it was, and how easy it was to fix. I guess, since I was a kid, I've always had a thing for the old Cummins.

I love the 7.3 (still have one in my other truck), but it can be a pain in the ass. Injectors are crazy expensive, the valve cover gasket/harness/glow plug setup is irritating. Between my two 7.3's, I've dealt with most of the problems that can arise. I'm really looking forward to the simplicity of the mechanical-everything 6BT.

That being said, my friend and I will probably rebuild the 7.3 and find something to put it in when this truck is done. I've never rebuild a motor from the ground up, so it will be a good education for me, and the Powerstroke will live on.

PSD

These are the last pictures I had taken . There's been some progress since.... the cab is now sitting back on the frame, there's new insulation / carpet in the cab, and freshly reupholstered seats. Custom driveshafts look great, too.

There were issues getting the cab on - mostly clearing the downpipe from the turbo. Otherwise, things have been pretty uneventful. I've got an intercooler from a 6.0 that needs to be fitted and installed, and then I'll start figuring out what color to paint it.

IMG_0649.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    841.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0660.jpeg
    IMG_0660.jpeg
    745.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0661.jpeg
    IMG_0661.jpeg
    531.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0670.jpeg