Off-GRID ENGINEERING Dual Battery Systems (An Introduction)

Mgyver1

Observer
@Off-Grid Engineering
Sorry I haven't gone through all 138 posts, anything for a 3rd gen 4Runner/1st gen Tacoma?

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
@Off-Grid Engineering
Sorry I haven't gone through all 138 posts, anything for a 3rd gen 4Runner/1st gen Tacoma?

Some folks have used my side-by-side tray for the 2nd and 3rd Gen Tacomas... but thats a custom install and Im not sure what fab work is needed. I plan to get to the 1st Gen Tacos and 3rd Gen Runners soon though. I have an install on a 3rd Gen 4Runner scheduled for next weekend. Im hoping to come up with something that can hopefully turn in to a production item.

cwvandy

Adventurer
I have installed complete second battery systems on a 2d Gen Tacoma and a 2013 Tundra. Built the trays, cut and soldered the wires, and basically built them from scratch. I just sold my Tundra and bought a new '17 Tacoma and was about to begin, yet again, a 2d battery system. Then I found Off-grid 4x4.
After looking at his website I called Matt, got the low-down and ordered my system. Also bought two new Odyssey 1500 batteries (nicely discounted from Battery Mart...Matt alerted me to their prices). Everything came on Friday and in a weekend it was done.

I need to give a big shout-out to Matt and Off-Grid for the amazing product. I've helped to keep the aftermarket alive over the years with investments in all sorts of stuff for my adventure toys. I can say without reservation that Matt's product is the most thought out and well engineered product I have purchased. Ever. The wires are exactly the correct length. The battery trays fit like a glove in both positions. The components are of the very highest quality, much borrowed from the marine industry. The instructions are clear (although hardly needed because the system is so simple and intuitive) Everything was perfect. When I encountered a small glitch this weekend and needed some advice, Matt immediately replied numerous time to my inquiries... on Sunday morning no less.

This set up is not inexpensive. It is, however, worth every penny and saved me many days of work and all the inherent frustrations of collecting parts, wire, lugs, relays, etc etc. I strongly recommend this system. Beautiful, bombproof and well engineered. 10 out of 10 stars. The combination of excellent product and fabulous customer service is rare, indeed.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
I have installed complete second battery systems on a 2d Gen Tacoma and a 2013 Tundra. Built the trays, cut and soldered the wires, and basically built them from scratch. I just sold my Tundra and bought a new '17 Tacoma and was about to begin, yet again, a 2d battery system. Then I found Off-grid 4x4.
After looking at his website I called Matt, got the low-down and ordered my system. Also bought two new Odyssey 1500 batteries (nicely discounted from Battery Mart...Matt alerted me to their prices). Everything came on Friday and in a weekend it was done.

I need to give a big shout-out to Matt and Off-Grid for the amazing product. I've helped to keep the aftermarket alive over the years with investments in all sorts of stuff for my adventure toys. I can say without reservation that Matt's product is the most thought out and well engineered product I have purchased. Ever. The wires are exactly the correct length. The battery trays fit like a glove in both positions. The components are of the very highest quality, much borrowed from the marine industry. The instructions are clear (although hardly needed because the system is so simple and intuitive) Everything was perfect. When I encountered a small glitch this weekend and needed some advice, Matt immediately replied numerous time to my inquiries... on Sunday morning no less.

This set up is not inexpensive. It is, however, worth every penny and saved me many days of work and all the inherent frustrations of collecting parts, wire, lugs, relays, etc etc. I strongly recommend this system. Beautiful, bombproof and well engineered. 10 out of 10 stars. The combination of excellent product and fabulous customer service is rare, indeed.

Wow! Thank you very much!

This means a lot to me. I have put a lot of time and effort in to making my products the best anyone can buy. And I believe its only right to take care of the people who support me.

Thanks again :victory:

Are Squared

I, too, have one of Matt's dual battery systems. Since i was in Colorado, I took a trip up to see Matt's place and to have the system installed by him. Quite simply, Matt's work is phenomenal. Upon completion, the wiring and system is a piece of art. I haven't ever seen wiring done this well in a vehicle before. I may have to go back to have him rewire the rest of my truck, as it's better than OEM by a wide margin. :)

wmg

not to beat a dead horse BUT..I recently installed the split system in my 2015 off road Taco...its not often one gets (1) what was advertised..(2) what he paid for..and (3) all the support after the purchase, plus....great quality system...Matt is both a gentleman, and a pleasure to do business with....I had a few questions which he quickly replied back to ...a great kit, everything fits where it is supposed to ....great experience.....

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
I, too, have one of Matt's dual battery systems. Since i was in Colorado, I took a trip up to see Matt's place and to have the system installed by him. Quite simply, Matt's work is phenomenal. Upon completion, the wiring and system is a piece of art. I haven't ever seen wiring done this well in a vehicle before. I may have to go back to have him rewire the rest of my truck, as it's better than OEM by a wide margin. :)

not to beat a dead horse BUT..I recently installed the split system in my 2015 off road Taco...its not often one gets (1) what was advertised..(2) what he paid for..and (3) all the support after the purchase, plus....great quality system...Matt is both a gentleman, and a pleasure to do business with....I had a few questions which he quickly replied back to ...a great kit, everything fits where it is supposed to ....great experience.....

Holy cow. Thanks guys!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the kind words and good reviews. You all rock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL