Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Well I have a new member of the family...
DSCN1062.jpg

1speed

Explorer
I laced up a new set of fixed gear wheels for the Surly Steamroller to run cyclocross tires and did a 22 mile dirt road ride in the Eveglades today, had a blast! Now it's my favorite "Road bike" paved and unpaved, just swap wheels!

The wheels are: Velocity Blunt rims, Origin8 track hubs and DT Swiss Supercomp spokes. The tires are Kenda Quicker 700x32's. No brakes and gearing is 51x19 (remember it's FLAT in FL).

P9270823.jpg

P9270832.jpg

P9270840.jpg

In the next pic the dark shape to the left behind the trees is a Black Bear crossing the road!

P9270847.jpg

Last edited:

Cackalak Han

Explorer
1speed - That's an awesome set up! My neighbor is into cyclocross and I'll be doing my first race this year, on my Steamroller. I'm looking to pick up some 32-35 tires. My only concern is the mud clearance on the brakes, but I'm sure it'll be okay. I'll probably run freewheel and set up two brakes.

Bogo

Adventurer
I haven't ridden a bike off road in over 20 years, and when I did I just used standard DF framed bikes. Currently I only have two bikes. My first ten speed, and steel framed Nishiki bought some time in the '70s. I also have a Cannondale ST-500 touring bike bought back in '83. I have front and rear Blackburn racks on it. I should have kept the two Cannondale racing frames I had made as they were from before they sold racing frames and bikes retail. I also had a pair of custom Klein racing frames that were made back in '82. I gave up on them after bending a bottom bracket on one of them while racing.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
I haven't ridden a bike off road in over 20 years, and when I did I just used standard DF framed bikes. Currently I only have two bikes. My first ten speed, and steel framed Nishiki bought some time in the '70s. I also have a Cannondale ST-500 touring bike bought back in '83. I have front and rear Blackburn racks on it. I should have kept the two Cannondale racing frames I had made as they were from before they sold racing frames and bikes retail. I also had a pair of custom Klein racing frames that were made back in '82. I gave up on them after bending a bottom bracket on one of them while racing.

While the collection may not be new... You have a very impressive one IMO

MotoDave

Explorer
I just got back into Mountain Biking last year, after a few year's hiatus. This is my current ride:

2008 Specialized Pitch Comp
Fox 36 Talas
Hayes Striker Disc Brakes - 8" front, 7" rear
Old XT drivetrain

IMG_5244Large.JPG

IMG_5245Large.JPG

IMG_5246Large.JPG

SirCampalot

Adventurer
Nice to see some Cannondale fans out there! Tons of other sweet bikes as well!

My name is Atsushi and currently ride a Monkey ******** Brown Cannondale Prophet 1000 with a few upgraded components. This is my second C-dale... first one was a hardtail F900SL... really loved that bike but had to sell it to purchase my current love.

PICT0079.jpg

Louisd75

Adventurer
Half mine, somewhere between Seattle and San Francisco (southern Oregon, I think)

DSCN0774.jpg

Not exactly ultralight camping but we had a blast. Going back to a single bike was a bit exciting for the first few minutes. Lots of other bikes in the stable, this is the only one with a handy picture.

Louis

1speedlos

Observer
1speed - That's an awesome set up! My neighbor is into cyclocross and I'll be doing my first race this year, on my Steamroller. I'm looking to pick up some 32-35 tires. My only concern is the mud clearance on the brakes, but I'm sure it'll be okay. I'll probably run freewheel and set up two brakes.
Single speed 'cross is where it's at. I raced SSCX back in Colorado, and it's amazing how much faster you can be in crappy conditions. Besides, you're off the bike on any section that you'd need particularly low gearing anyway.
I did the Texas CX State Championships in '07 fixed, and don't particularly recommend it if you're interested in results. Sure had fun, though!

Los

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Hello, my name is Chris and I have a lot of bikes(15 - 20'ish in different forms resembling built and unbuilt bikes)...
Part of the collection:
246477751_27c805a4f0_o.jpg

But here is my Surly Crosscheck in touring mode being used.

2822415913_ec1359a4c2_b.jpg

And my pride and joy.. My custom built Antonio Mondonico.
4011634343_7077c2c892_b.jpg

And my usual mtb I ride a Titus swicthblade. Old pic, the bikes been through many changes since.
4012414496_5c09a46afd_o.jpg

1speedlos

Observer
Hi, my name is...

Carlos, and I ride a Wily 29" and a Pugsley. I also ride a Cross-Check, and a LeMond Fillmore.
The Pugsley is my first geared bike in over 6 years, and my first geared mountain bike in 9.

Attachments

• DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 81

jpvm

Explorer
Hi there , I'm JP from Chile, I drive a Nissan Patrol 2000 and also got the MTB dementia .... ahahah :wings:

My bike is a 2006 Trek 6500 SLR , with some upgrades :

-Rock Shock Reba Team Front Fork , Uturn, pop lock w/handlebar command. 100 mm
-Shimano XT Front trigger Gear levers
-Shimano XT Front Derraileur
-Shimano XT Factory rear Derraileur
-Shimano XT Hollowtech II Crankset
-Answer Carbon Fibre handlebar
-Race Face Deus Tee
-Selle Italia SLR Carbon / Titanium Seat
-Cat Eye Computer
-Lizzard Skins
-Rear Tioga Factory DH 26 x 2.3 tire , Front Bontrager Ranger oem 2.1 tire

jp1a.jpg

jp2a.jpg

Last edited:

Asha'man

Observer
I'm Brian and I ride an '07 Gary Fisher XCal 29er. I'll never go back to little wheels again. The bike is stock with Avid disks, Reba fork, and X7, but I think I'm going to go tubeless next season. I've had more flats on this bike since I've owned it than in my entire riding career before. Love it, though, and need to get out more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design