Official Overland Expo 2011 thread: Videos, Pictures and Updates

waterweber

Observer
I love the community fire pit idea in the camping area!
Meeting people in the campground was one of my favorite parts of the event.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
You're welcome for the boerewors Tango!
We'll have a dedicated grillmaster next year, to keep a steady supply going.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Earth Cruiser sighting

My father in law drove up from Seattle to Bellingham today to see his granddaughter. He told me he saw a really cool camper that he knew I'd like and described the Earth Cruiser perfectly. Then he showed me pictures he took on his cell phone of it. "They've travelled so far they only have one spare tire left" he said.

Of course I had to show him the website.
http://www.earthcruiser.com.au/

Incidently, it was my favorite vehicle at the rally out of all the pics I've seen. Have fun in ...hey, the ferry leaves for Alaska tomorrow. Maybe I'll go down to the ferry terminal at lunch to see what i can see.

gj91

Does anyone know who this belongs to. I saw them at the new City Market by the mall in Grand Junction, CO around Christmas time. Maybe a little closer to the Telluride Ice Festival. I was on the way in and when I came out they were getting gas. I feel like a ************** for not stoping to say hello.

Here is a photo below.

It this an old unimog or what.

1236720613_MpNwo-M.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 19

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Does anyone know who this belongs to. I saw them at the new City Market by the mall in Grand Junction, CO around Christmas time. Maybe a little closer to the Telluride Ice Festival. I was on the way in and when I came out they were getting gas. I feel like a ************** for not stoping to say hello.

Here is a photo below.

It this an old unimog or what.

it's a German guy and his wife traveling down. I have his card at home....sorry I forgot his name. He should be at Panama Passage in June or July.

STREGA

Explorer
/\/\ Saw that Unimog (or one just like it) about the same time frame. Stuff like that sticks out in GJ.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
http://www.earthcruiser.com.au/

...hey, the ferry leaves for Alaska tomorrow. Maybe I'll go down to the ferry terminal at lunch to see what i can see.

Sure enough, they were in the ferry line bound for Alaska today. Two very nice people, and a super cool rig. It's officially my favorite. What a geat layout. And the size seems to be perfect, not too big, not to small.

Thanks again for the tour, guys, and have a super trip. Please PM me if you are returning thru this area anytime in the next 40 yrs.:ylsmoke:

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
On the topic of local.

Personally I think that the drive was a bit longer than I might have liked, and it was only 14 hours for me. Can not think about coming from Washington, or Virginia, etc.

I think that something more central would be great. Rifle Colorado would be a great place for it. OURAY COLORADO would be awesome! They are a super little town, and tons to see and do for such a small community, not to mention incredibly beautiful. (the off road trails do not open up until July typically though, so that may no work out.)

I Also think that Vernal Utah would be a really nice place. There are some amazing ranches near there that would be happy to host us, plus they have a nice size town with food and wal-mart etc.

I think that Wyoming, or Montana would be pretty darn neat as well!

Heck if you wanted to get crazy I know a fellow who has a perfect ranch in Southern Idaho, and I am certain we could get them to let us set up there. It is rather remote, with a nice small town about 5 miles away. That would be an amazing place, right in the mountains, great weather, again may want to push it back a month or two as they do get snow a little late in the year, but it would be a wonderful place to go.

Besides the locals would not know what to do if they saw the overland vehicles driving into town!

Now, don't get me wrong. I will love going every chance I get, no matter where it is, and I understand that it is hard to put things in different locations. I just mean that it would be cool to go to different places.

I certainly met some really cool people, and made some great contacts for the future. I also enjoyed getting to discuss our foundation as well.

All in all it was a great time, and I am very grateful for the chance to have gone.

Will I go again? Yes, I think I will go more. I did not get to walk around as much as I might have liked because I was sitting in our booth a fair bit. Further I had no idea how great the camping lot was going to be, so I really need to get back and just spend an hour or two in the evenings walking around in there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz