Offroad Teardrop - SawTooth XL

cdrewferd

Observer
I've been lurking on the portal for a while, researching designs for trailers. I wanted something I could tow behind my mildly built 4Runner, yet still be comfortable in for long trips. Your build is amazing. The attention to detail is top notch. I have a feeling that my wife might buy off on something like this. Can't wait to see what your next one looks like.

andysgreenxj

Observer
Looking forward to see what you come up with for the new one Jess. If this one is any indication of what is to come, sawtooth xl2 should be awesome!!! Just wondering though...did you evere actually wiegh the trailer when you completed it?:sombrero:

stomperxj

Explorer
Looking forward to see what you come up with for the new one Jess. If this one is any indication of what is to come, sawtooth xl2 should be awesome!!! Just wondering though...did you evere actually wiegh the trailer when you completed it?:sombrero:

I never put it on a scale. My estimate was 800lbs with minimal gear. If I get a chance this spring/summer I will weight it.

I am planning on doing some repair work this spring/summer and then selling the trailer "as is" as it requires more work than I want to do to it. It sat out in the harsh Idaho winter for 2 years while I was building my shop and suffered. Hopefully someone will want a project...

Jess

stomperxj

Explorer
I have $2700 in materials into it at this point. Not totally sure yet. It depends on how much of the repairing I do myself. I'll post an official for sale thread when its ready. Hopefully in a couple months...

IdahoXJ

IdahoXJ
Jess, you are in Kuna and I'm in Buhl, ID. If you haven't sold the camper yet I would like to at least see it (maybe have a chance to buy it). Also, if you would sell a set of plans, such as you have them on your CAD program, I would be interested in buying a set. BTW, I also have an XJ so this would be almost exactly what I have been doing research to build/buy. Thanks for your help. Please PM me. It would be fun to meet you and share info. Tracy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater