Oh no blue smoke

Rustedrebel09

So I've had my 94 sr for about a year now and it's always had a puff of smoke every now and then on take offs. But yesterday I drove it and its now blowing pretty big clouds of blue smoke on every take off. I'm not happy about it. I'm not into the monty very deep money wise. I bought it only to use as a winter and snowboarding rig. My question to you guys is, is there something I can do to make it last the winter without worrying. Or does it need a rebuild or even maybe a whole new motor. If so what does it all cost. I'm pretty tight on money. Worst case im gonna have to take a loss and try to sell it and find a new rig for the winter. Thanks for any help in advance.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
What they said. Do a leak down test to ensure its not something more serious. For the seals, just watch the oil religiously 1x per week if not more often.

KarmannMarco

Adventurer
My truck has been smoking for about a year with no issues at all. I just add a quart every 2-3weeks.
If it bothers you , you can get the seals replaced but they wont do any harm to your truck as is. Maybe an 02 sensor every couple of years might go out depending how bad it is.
I plan on fixing this on my truck but its pretty near the end of the list.

Rustedrebel09

Well last month I decided to try out the rotella t6 5 40 oil. What I'm thinking is that is way to thin for a high mileage engine so I'm gonna try and go with some thicker oil and see how that works. Does anyone have a good brand and weight to try out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven