Old Man Emu: Late model Frontier and Pathfinder

AUTOTUNING

Maybe you know some sites with catalogue of OME suspension for NISSAN NAVARA? Because I am not from USA, and I need full link to product... Only by that way I can buy! Can you help me?

roadrider

After looking closely at Eds photos, it doesn't look like there really is any lift on the front. The picture with the car on the ground shows a gap between the UCA and the spring bucket that looks the same as on my Xterra. But the real proof is the pix with the truck on the lift - the UCA is NOT contacting the spring bucket. I've measured - the front can only be lifted a 1/4" without UCA contact at full droop. So it looks ARB is not going to be the answer for those looking for lift.

Ed - do you have before and after measurements to (hopefully) show me wrong?

edsd90

Observer
roadrider said:
Ed - do you have before and after measurements to (hopefully) show me wrong?
I did take measurements, but discarded them long ago. I measured before leaving for the install, and when I returned. At the time of the OME install, I had not yet installed the Shrockworks bumper and winch. From what I recall, it was just under 2 1/2" in front and right at 2 1/2" in back.
I measured again after adding all the weight in front, and the front lift was reduced to right around 2". The ride improved considerably.
Another reason I know there was a lift around the amout I measured, I had to raise a ceiling mounted basket that resides above the Nissan before I could pull the truck into the garage. I see Frontiers pretty regularly, and after seeing mine from a distance on many occassions it definitely sits with a much better stance.
I certainly wanted some lift for the way I use the truck, but quality and reputation were the most important. I'm not dissapointed.
If someone with similar equipment (Shrockworks, Warn 9000 w/plasma rope, two driving lights, front skidplate, Shrockworks rock sliders) but stock suspension could measure theirs, I could re-measure then we would have good data for the Nissan guys to consider. If measurements do become available, please send me a private message then I won't miss seeing it. When I measured, I did it from the center of the hub to take tire pressure out of the equation
Ed

sami

Explorer
bringin this back up..

Just got into an 06 Xterra so i'm curious if there's been updates on the OME lift for the 05+ Xterra as a package? I did see the N183S, N185 listed earlier, and am looking to see if there's a more complete setup offered by OME.

Also, how different is the 02-04 vs 05+ mounts for the front bumper? Is it difficult to make the 04 ARB front bumper work on the 06? Anyone know? My knowlege is all in the Toyota relm, so this Nissan stuff is new to me.

Thanks

-Jason

mcm4090

Explorer
sami said:

Also, how different is the 02-04 vs 05+ mounts for the front bumper? Is it difficult to make the 04 ARB front bumper work on the 06? Anyone know? My knowlege is all in the Toyota relm, so this Nissan stuff is new to me.
The frame is wider on the Gen2 so a bumper off a Gen1 would not work.

Now I did get this e-mail from ARB earlier this month.
We finally have a bar engineer coming from Australia in January. He will be taking measurements for the Frontier as well as the newer Xterra and Pathfinder. We would hope to have production by the spring.

Jim Jackson
President
ARB-USA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy