Our first trip to Moab from my 9yo's perspective

stioc

Expedition Leader
Nice pic Nathan! Correct me if I'm wrong but that pic is showing the back part of the hill where you go into the water? In my case I had to go back the way I came because the water was far too deep for my truck.

@chmura, no we didn't do Hell's Revenge...from what I hear it's basically Fins-n-Things on steroids.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Nice pic Nathan! Correct me if I'm wrong but that pic is showing the back part of the hill where you go into the water? In my case I had to go back the way I came because the water was far too deep for my truck.

@chmura, no we didn't do Hell's Revenge...from what I hear it's basically Fins-n-Things on steroids.
Correct on both counts. Going back up is more fun when you tires are wet.

IMG_9970-X2.jpg

IMG_9943-X2.jpg

We played around in that puddle for a good hour. Lots of fun
IMG_9988-X2.jpg

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
@chmura, no we didn't do Hell's Revenge...from what I hear it's basically Fins-n-Things on steroids.[/QUOTE] Hell's Revenge is simple awesome with great views in all directions!!!!!!!! You gotta do it sometime. Hell's Gate which is a Hell's Revenge optional side run is a real mental terror of pucker factor fun. My eyes went as big as saucers and my hair turned completely white the first time on Hell's Gate! What a place to sit at the top of and just watch rigs coming up!!

Steve UK

Adventurer
Great write up and pictures, pass on my thanks to your Daughter :)

What a fantastic place to visit, we went to Zion a few years back on the way to the North rim of the canyon but no further. I would love to drive my Land Rover there one day.

These type of family holidays are just the best.

Steve

stioc

Expedition Leader
Will do and thanks for the kind words Steve! We had a really great time and we're still enjoying it as we share the stories and pics with our friends and family. Truth be told it makes me want to hop back in the truck and go somewhere again. Only if there weren't other things in life such as work, bills, responsibilities and such :costumed-smiley-007

SmoothLC

Explorer
What a great write-up! Gives the trip a very unique perspective.

You certainly covered a lot of ground - amazing really.

The trees in the washes and creeks in southern Utah are beautiful in the fall.

And I'd have to agree on HITR - that road shakes the fillings out of teeth!

Thanks for sharing and great pics!

Dmski

Adventurer
Wow great trip and photos as well! Thanks for posting up for the rest of us that dream of moab!

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Great trip report and a very interesting to see a 9-year-old's recollections of the trip! She's quite a good writer, too.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys! She wrote it for her class as part of her homework for taking a week off during school. I can't believe it's already been a month already, time flys.

Rick B

Hey Stoic, I was in Moab the 3rd week of Oct. Did we overlap at all?

I haven't logged in to EP in a VERY long time...nice to see you here.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Hey Rick, good to see you here too. We probably did overlap or at least missed each other by a day or two. We did the trip starting on Oct 18th, arriving in Moab on Oct 21st and leaving Moab on Oct 25th - would've been great to meet you in person.

Rick B

I was there with my 2 sons (8 and 10) from Oct 21-25. Gees, that's too bad.

We stayed at the Moab River RV Resort in my new to me popup trailer (20 yrs old). We actually met up with my best friend from Fresno, CA (lifted 4th Gen T4R) who also went through Bryce on Oct 19/20. Ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner