Our Kingdom Camping Trailer Build

Treefarmer1

Any updates on this trailer? I'm genuinely curious about it now, although it might be too much to tow with an F-150.
I think an F250 would be the minimum, especially if you want to make your rough road towing a breeze. An F150 would be stressed out towing 9,000 lbs (when loaded up for extended camping) over those steep, deep arroyos. Our dry weight is 7,800 lbs. You could lighten that up by skipping the big solar system, cutting back on batteries, carrying less fresh water, and emptying your gray tank before traveling. Even the permanent roof sealant we had done adds a bit of weight and could technically be skipped. We tow with an F350 diesel because we already have the truck and we like it. We can barely feel the trailer back there even in high wind. If the truck ever dies and we want to travel extensively with this trailer, we will most likely go with an F250 Tremor.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I think an F250 would be the minimum, especially if you want to make your rough road towing a breeze. An F150 would be stressed out towing 9,000 lbs (when loaded up for extended camping) over those steep, deep arroyos. Our dry weight is 7,800 lbs. You could lighten that up by skipping the big solar system, cutting back on batteries, carrying less fresh water, and emptying your gray tank before traveling. Even the permanent roof sealant we had done adds a bit of weight and could technically be skipped. We tow with an F350 diesel because we already have the truck and we like it. We can barely feel the trailer back there even in high wind. If the truck ever dies and we want to travel extensively with this trailer, we will most likely go with an F250 Tremor.

Glad to see you back. Crazy how EP does note respond to folks when they loose account info. It's like it's run by bots. I even tried to let them know they were loosing a vital contributor. Maybe if one starts the request with a few sware words that might get a response

Treefarmer1

Glad to see you back. Crazy how EP does note respond to folks when they loose account info. It's like it's run by bots. I even tried to let them know they were loosing a vital contributor. Maybe if one starts the request with a few sware words that might get a response
It really surprised us. Four attempts to reset the password and three emails to the "admin" all went unanswered.

Louisd75

Adventurer
Anyone looking for a screaming deal on a virtually new Caravan XL should check out NomadNorman's listing. He has a family issue that is forcing him to sell the trailer he just picked up in June. Here's a link to his classified on the sale:
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/our-kingdom-camping-trailer-build.237165/
Here's the correct link :)

Todd34

Treefarmer1, how's the XL working out for you? Thanks to your thread and a few others, we are seriously considering going with Kingdom. I've been in touch with Jamin over email about the new mid-size caravan he's designing. He says it's going to be very similar to the XL, just smaller and single axle. Smaller bathroom, east/west bed, etc. It's at the top of my list right now for sure as we're looking for something more Baja capable with less weight.

Treefarmer1, how's the XL working out for you? Thanks to your thread and a few others, we are seriously considering going with Kingdom. I've been in touch with Jamin over email about the new mid-size caravan he's designing. He says it's going to be very similar to the XL, just smaller and single axle. Smaller bathroom, east/west bed, etc. It's at the top of my list right now for sure as we're looking for something more Baja capable with less weight.

I was so close to switching to the Kingdom midsize from my Trail Marker but at the time Jamin couldn't get it light enough. Do to my tow vehicle i needed it under 4,000 gvw. I am excited to see what the mid size new design looks like! I am sure they are moving away from the nose cone. I am also sure it will be lighter then any other trailer that is so well insulated and a true off roader.

What is your tow vehicle?

Very impressed with Jamin. Treefarmer will give you a owners perspective I don't have.

Keep us posted!

Todd34

I was so close to switching to the Kingdom midsize from my Trail Marker but at the time Jamin couldn't get it light enough. Do to my tow vehicle i needed it under 4,000 gvw. I am excited to see what the mid size new design looks like! I am sure they are moving away from the nose cone. I am also sure it will be lighter then any other trailer that is so well insulated and a true off roader.

What is your tow vehicle?

Very impressed with Jamin. Treefarmer will give you a owners perspective I don't have.

Keep us posted!
I have a 2023 Tundra iForce Max so I’m hoping the midsize stays in the 6k ish GVWR range. He certainly makes some cool trailers!

Nice truck ! I currently have 5 Toyota. I know that's kind of crazy. It's a breeder deal ( three kids,).

I bet the new Caravan ATS will be right at 6k.

Treefarmer s are likely basking in the AZ sunshine and will get back to you soon.

Here is my favorite if the five.

Todd34

The GX is a sweet rig. I had a 4runner, wanted an LC and figured I'd actually get a GX! But the towing part is what led me to the Tundra.

Wise move. I obsolutly love my GX 460. I added the Ko2s and plan on installing rock sliders and a big country 4x4 South African roof rack and that's it. Can't beat the GX for off road capability (OEM). My Trailer Marker is just under 4k pounds totally loaded to the max. The GX is rated to 6,500 pounds so it's perfect for my trailer. Love the trailer but the big reason it's so light is the thin frp walls and aluminum chassis. Not very insulated

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_122435.jpg
    IMG_20230812_122435.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 15

Treefarmer1

We've been living in it fulltime since last April, and it's been great. It's the prototype, so there were a lot of little issues that we've modified and passed on to Jamin. He's addressing them all in future builds. On the most important performance items (chassis, suspension, solar, cold/hot weather performance) it's been a champ. I had someone ask me about towing it with a Raptor, and I pointed him to the single axle mid-size version Jamin will be building. It sounds like that model would also suit you better. The XL is definitely a trailer that requires an F250 and up tow vehicle. If our beloved F350 ever dies, we'll be getting an F250 Tremor to replace it. We'll be doing a blog update with plenty of photos of the XL soon. When we do I'll let you know.

Raspy

We've been living in it fulltime since last April, and it's been great. It's the prototype, so there were a lot of little issues that we've modified and passed on to Jamin. He's addressing them all in future builds. On the most important performance items (chassis, suspension, solar, cold/hot weather performance) it's been a champ. I had someone ask me about towing it with a Raptor, and I pointed him to the single axle mid-size version Jamin will be building. It sounds like that model would also suit you better. The XL is definitely a trailer that requires an F250 and up tow vehicle. If our beloved F350 ever dies, we'll be getting an F250 Tremor to replace it. We'll be doing a blog update with plenty of photos of the XL soon. When we do I'll let you know.
Looking forward to seeing your blog. Keep me in the loop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues