Our "new" Tiger...

Railvan

Adventurer
We're definitely liking the black & white design.

Nice! How about maybe outlining the black with an 1/8" red or orange pinstripe? It would look more finished up close and hardly change the look at a distance.

I'm curious what was done to the chassis when they cut the van body off and built the "RV" body? Is it reinforced?

Brian

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I'm curious what was done to the chassis when they cut the van body off and built the "RV" body? Is it reinforced?
As far as I can tell, they just cut the sheet metal and bolted/epoxied the cabin in place. I know Provan reinforces the frames on the new, truck-mounted Tigers but I think the van chassis were left alone. The Astro chassis is pretty stout. The suspension has almost zero articulation so the frame is subject to a lot of twisting forces. So far, even on off-camber trails, I haven't seen a situation where the cabin appears to be stressed (doors and windows not sealing properly, for example). I wouldn't want to attempt any rockcrawling or high-speed washboards but the Tiger seems well built for the mild trails we use it on.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Driver's side stripes are done...

The stripes on top were a little tricky due to a few angles and curves but it turned out great.
We also added the hood protector:
905640959_Zg2Y7-M.jpg

Just about finished with new lettering/logo design. Hoping to get it to the graphics shop in the next few days...

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Only a few more small items to finish on the Tiger before we leave for Canada.
In the meantime, I took a break this week to explore some trails in Colorado.

Saw this VW Bus at a great spot up around 10,000' this morning and it made me wish I would've brought the Tiger:
910295680_eTMCL-L.jpg

Doesn't get much better than that.

VikingVince

Explorer
Only a few more small items to finish on the Tiger before we leave for Canada.
In the meantime, I took a break this week to explore some trails in Colorado.

Saw this VW Bus at a great spot up around 10,000' this morning and it made me wish I would've brought the Tiger:
910295680_eTMCL-L.jpg

Doesn't get much better than that.

That's for sure...great spot! Where is that in Colorado?
Great job on your Tiger, btw!

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Yosh still wants one of these Tigers.
You guys need to take it for a spin.

T.Low said:
Remember, you've got emergency help in Bellingham and an emergency shop in Seattle if you need one.
Thanks T.Low, very cool!

VikingVince said:
Where is that in Colorado?
Saline was correct, it's just off HWY65 in the Grand Mesa National Forest. Type this into Google Maps: 39.032229,-108.064706 and the arrow should point to the grove of trees shown in the photo.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Meanwhile, back in the garage...

Busy and fun weekend getting all the vehicles ready for summer trips:
914277611_2wNp2-M.jpg

Finally got the passenger-side stripes done:
914284098_kQ3nk-M.jpg

Rear:
914279597_5vSYr-M.jpg

Our new logos didn't get to the sign shop in time so we'll save them for later.
My wife is almost finished making the curtains.
Once those are in place, I think we're done. :)

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Saw 3 Tigers in the past couple days while traveling (a new record): passed a very nice GT on I-15 (pretty sure it was Suntinez), a newer XL on I-70 and a brand new CX cruising around Grand Junction. Funny how you always notice similar vehicles once you own one...

Random picture from this morning overlooking the San Rafael Reef:
917120037_zJfKB-M.jpg

suntinez

Explorer
If you're wandering around CO, you may run into an ambush of tigers. First Tiger rally was held last weekend, folks are still hovering about ... and talking about another one.

Have a great trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3