Overland Built 2006 Lexus GX470 Sport Edition with KDSS. No Reserve on BAT. 139k Miles. Great Barrington, MA

gosnowcrash

Hey guys,

I thought I would post this here as well. I am selling my GX470 on BAT. If this kind of post is not allowed, please let me know and I will take it down! I couldn't seem a find a sticky on the rules but maybe I missed it. This has been my main rig for the last three years and I built it with what I felt were the best components available.

California truck new, was first owned by a lady from Palos Verdes who serviced it at Lexus religiously. She had it from 2006-2019. See the records in the gallery, I bought it from the second owner in California who lifted it with an Old Man Emu setup and put on the BF Goodrich K02 tires and SPC adjustable lower control arms. There are also records from his work and the maintenance he when he had it in the gallery.

I bought it from him in 2020. I had been looking for a dry, rust-free California truck with the Sport package for a really long time and snapped at it when it came up. The Sport package has the black wood interior, which I vastly prefer to the light wood on most of the trucks, and it has KDSS. They also came with the Mark Levinson audio system, among other things.

I immediately started doing things to it, starting with the Grom Vline II wireless carplay system which really modernizes the interior and makes it much more usable. Calls and music and maps are amazing to have, as are all the other features of Carplay!

I slowly began to do more and more to it, with the idea of having a super comfortable and nice driving daily that would be equally suited to light off-roading and camping.

I put on a new set of BF Goodrich K02 285/70/17 tires, including the spare, Frontrunner Slimline II Roof Rack, CVT Mt Hood hardshell rooftop tent, Yakima 4 gallon Roadshower, Rhinorack Batwing Compact Awning, JW Offroad Rear Tire Carrier, Dobinsons 4X4 Classic Front Bull Bar, ARB Intensity Solis 36 LED Fog Lights, Smittybilt Gen 2 XRC Winch 9,500 LB winch, Dobinsons 4X4 Snorkel, Metaltech 4X4 Powdercoated Rock Sliders, Spidertrax 1.25 inch wheel spacers, 2 Maxtrax traction boards.

Finally, my favorite upgrade to the truck was swapping out the suspension for the Bilstein 5160 B8 remote reservoir shocks in rear, Bilstein 6112 struts and springs in front, total chaos upper control arms. The ride is incredible and it just made the truck really comfortable. I worked directly with Shock Surplus (who were amazing) to get springs calibrated exactly for the weight of the build.

I have never had a lick of trouble with it and you can see all my maintenance records in the file. I had the timing belt, thermostat and battery replaced in 2022, among other things. As for offroading, I have only had it on the beach on long island for two separate overnight trips (washed off the undercarriage and rest of the truck immediately after both), and one camping trip in Bald Eagle state forest in PA, which was basically just fire roads. Never abused offroad or anything like that.

I love the CVT tent, the mattress is super comfortable and the setup time is ridiculously short. You can also strap about 100 pounds of stuff to the top of it as it is a hard shell and even mount things to the side of it. Best tent in the game, in my opinion.

The roadshower is a gamechanger and allows for lots of warm pressurized water at the end of the day for doing dishes, washing the truck, taking a shower, etc. It can be pressurized up to about 65 psi using an air compressor, which I usually did before leaving home.

The batwing awning is super cool too since it provides a lot of shade (270 degrees) behind the truck as well as the sides.

Happy to answer any questions! It ends this coming Sunday the 10th and is no reserve.

Attachments

• IMG_0538-2-2.jpg
    IMG_0538-2-2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0519-2.jpg
    IMG_0519-2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 175

gosnowcrash

Wc203 Too bad! What did you end up getting? For anyone else, auction ends tomorrow and is no reserve. It's only up to 18k right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob