Overland Expo 2013: Post Your Stories, Images, and Experiences Here! (Official)

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
so, is the puddle the pontoon bridge built over Mormon Lake?

Sounds silly to ask, but we visited there a few years ago. The pictures on the internet showed a beautiful, scenic lake, explaining it is Arizona's largest natural lake and we thought how nice. We got there and it wasn't much more than what I'm seeing here.

Great write-ups, and great to see how the event has grown and evolved. Have to plan ahead for next years event.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I would love to have had a dash-cam video of Ken's face when his Disco started listing there.

He sure looked cool as a cucumber when he got out, although he wasn't going to test the bridge a second time. I can't imagine why... Tim stepped up with his beautiful 90 series which surprised me after seeing Ken's truck almost go diving!

so, is the puddle the pontoon bridge built over Mormon Lake?

Sounds silly to ask, but we visited there a few years ago. The pictures on the internet showed a beautiful, scenic lake, explaining it is Arizona's largest natural lake and we thought how nice. We got there and it wasn't much more than what I'm seeing here.

Great write-ups, and great to see how the event has grown and evolved. Have to plan ahead for next years event.

Hola Jeff,
This is really just a pond/water tank near the lodge that we've used for the last 2 years for classes. Mormon lake is technically further out on the lake bed towards Lake Mary Road. Still, it sure is pretty dry! Even when I was at NAU in the 90's it was pretty dry for a "lake" as was "lake" Mary. :Wow1:

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Anyone hear about the contest? Results? Just wondering what was going on with it.

Hey Jason,

We're just about finished reading all of the stories that everyone has submitted, we'll be making an announcement tomorrow on the winners.

Ramjet

Explorer
I figured it was going to take a little longer due to all of the submissions. Hope you have had a few laughs. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh