Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

Townsend

Observer
For those of you finding coolers in stock - are you going off of what the Walmart website shows you, or just going to different walmarts that show out of stock, and finding them there?

Ricer_X_01

Observer
I found my original 73 on the shelf. Originally there was a 52 and 73, but the 52 was gone by the time I went back to get it. Found my 52 online in stock and had it within a few days.

Rangers

For those of you finding coolers in stock - are you going off of what the Walmart website shows you, or just going to different Walmarts that show out of stock, and finding them there?

Been lurking but signed up to comment as I didn't see anyone else mention this. But the Walmart app is very accurate on showing what is in stock. If you pull up the item and then switch to your local store you can see if it is in stock. You can also try using brickseek and type in your zip code and the item number. (I can't link to the website but you can google it). However, sometimes it is wrong so keep that in mind. The only times I found these coolers were in stores that it showed they were in stock on the app.

The item numbers for the coolers are:

26qt: 49229405
52qt: 49229404
73qt: 49229408

Laid GP

That is good to know. For the sake of argument I checked the three stores here that said "out of stock" in the app versus "availability unknown" (which would indicate that those stores carried them, but just don't have any) and none of the three even had a spot on the shelf for them or any indication they have ever had them.

I think I am gonna stop searching and just use the app or hope they come back in stock online.

Rangers

That is good to know. For the sake of argument I checked the three stores here that said "out of stock" in the app versus "availability unknown" (which would indicate that those stores carried them, but just don't have any) and none of the three even had a spot on the shelf for them or any indication they have ever had them.

I think I am gonna stop searching and just use the app or hope they come back in stock online.

Out of the two stores one had them on an end cap and the other had an aisle display. So they probably just replace it with something else when they go out of stock. However, out of stock in the app though sometimes just means they don't have it and they never really even had the item. Walmart logic lol.

snowaddict91

Adventurer
Went to the location I got mine from based on the app saying it was in stock. All other stores in my area were "availability unknown." Mine was on an end cap, no spot in the regular cooler aisle.

Townsend

Observer
73 qt currently showing as available online.

I'm holding out for the 52...anyone have a side by side shot of the two big boys?

Laid GP

I finally found a store that had the 52 in stock about 75 miles away. I bought it for pickup and when I got there they had 2 more and 2 73s in stock. Definitely think the 73 would be too big. Excited to try out the 52 on our beach trip next week.

bbaker22

Looking online, I couldn't find any listed in my area (near Denver and Colorado Springs). I was at our local store in Monument last week and decided to go physically look. There was one and only one on the shelf...which I bought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater