Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

perkj

Explorer
Is this another mystery cooler? I cannot find it on walmart.com.

Anyone have a link, UPC, SKU, anything?

Ozark Part Number - CL00131
Barcode/SKU - 618842312757

key thing we need is the Walmart Item ID number to check inventory which I haven't been able to track down.

crumplerJeep

Here is the You Tube link for the soft cooler:

Is this another mystery cooler? I cannot find it on walmart.com.

Anyone have a link, UPC, SKU, anything?

Fentertainment likely still has the UPC - i don't think you can search wal mart's site by sku or upc? Can you?

I could use one of these myself, this weekend :)

screwball48

Explorer
There is an app for that....only problem is if an item is new (or obsolete) it may not be entered into the system by UPC number nation wide. I look up items by upc and mfg part number on walmart.com and mobile app frequently to find pricing information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeos

Observer
Well hot damn. I was considering the 26qt for short excursions or to compliment my 73qt for drinks only, but this new hopper style has my attention and costs less.

snowaddict91

Adventurer
52 QT in-stock online right now. But an acquaintance says Costco has an igloo 48 or 54 quart (wasn't sure) for $90. May check that out first to see if its true.

pyrate

Rollin' along
52 QT in-stock online right now. But an acquaintance says Costco has an igloo 48 or 54 quart (wasn't sure) for $90. May check that out first to see if its true.

YMMV - My neighbor has returned 2 of the Costco Igloo coolers for issues with the lid.

Sent from a smoke signal on a mountain top

gigahertz

Quick question, can you guys (the lucky ones who actually were able to buy one of these coolers) weight the 52 and 26 quart coolers and see how much they weight empty?

Can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Thanks!!!

CSU126

Observer
North atlanta walmart

I just picked up a 52 qt in north Atlanta. They had probably 20 of each one if anyone is interested.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
you're all wet!

I finally used my 52 over the long weekend.

It leaked. Profusely. Filled my drawer with water --- twice.

I thought I hadn't closed the big cover enough so I tightened it after the first flood. 2 hours later I discovered flood #2 and saw that the little cap was leaking.
Dumped all the water before it could leak for the rest of the weekend ----- Still had ice after 3 days even with that poor practice.

Got home and gave the caps a closer look. The big cap has an o-ring that wasn't placed well so I straightened that out. The little cap has a keeper tab that goes around the threads and keeps the cap from screwing all the way down to the seal. Once I took off the keeper ring, it tightened down and didn't leak a drop.

So, anybody that has one, give your drain caps a trial run before you actually use the cooler. You might have a leaker too.

crumplerJeep

Found a solitary 73Qt @ Manassas Mall Walmart (Manassas, VA) today. No UPC, only the info card inside, was even missing the wire basket. Waited at Customer Service for close to half hour to get it.

Really was looking for a smaller model, but I went ahead and purchased this one in case they don't end up widely available.

snowaddict91

Adventurer
Picked up a 52 qt at the Park City WM today. They had 2 more. Went and looked at the igloo sportsman at costco, may have bought it if they had a smaller size available but they only had the 70ish quart. The drop in altitude coming home caused mine to vacuum seal so I think my drain plug is good! Looking forward to doing some camping this summer and putting it to use.

huntsonora

Explorer
Pic from that thread, oh the irony! Hhahahahahahahaha!

019698287e61b3e9cec4ef805c342bde.jpg

Look Dad, a herd of Unicorns!!!

Must be the Walmart in New Braunfels....

Ricer_X_01

Observer
I finally used my 52 over the long weekend.

It leaked. Profusely. Filled my drawer with water --- twice.

I thought I hadn't closed the big cover enough so I tightened it after the first flood. 2 hours later I discovered flood #2 and saw that the little cap was leaking.
Dumped all the water before it could leak for the rest of the weekend ----- Still had ice after 3 days even with that poor practice.

Got home and gave the caps a closer look. The big cap has an o-ring that wasn't placed well so I straightened that out. The little cap has a keeper tab that goes around the threads and keeps the cap from screwing all the way down to the seal. Once I took off the keeper ring, it tightened down and didn't leak a drop.

So, anybody that has one, give your drain caps a trial run before you actually use the cooler. You might have a leaker too.

My 52 also leaked from the smaller black cap... I have mine currently lashed down on the back seat of my Xterra and have a 4 foot hose screwed on to it and then capped with the black cap (makes draining it a breeze and do not have to remove the cooler). Checked it on day 1 of the 30 day trip I'm on and my entire seat was saturated under the cooler. So saturated that the seat was dripping on to the floor carpet. I was so pissed. Teflon taped it and hasn't leaked since.

Been 10 days so far and varying temps... I add ice even when I don't need to. Holds low 30"s for a day or 2 and gradually creeps up and I add ice when it hits 42ish degrees. I'm in it more often then I should and I'm sure the hose is hurting it a little bit once it fills with water. Bought a sweet quick disconnect for the drain, but it leaked without pressure behind it. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater