Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

WininUtah

Adventurer
I don't want to jinx myself but I think I have a 26 waiting for me at the local Walmart (Hurricane, UT). Yesterday I went on line to check stock and there was a 26, I placed the order and it's ready for pickup. I'll go later today, hope it's not another insulated cup!!

Schlitzy

Ozark trail is legit

I just read the Texas bow hunter review. So awesome to see this cooler side by side with the yeti. These things are so sweet for 1/4 the price of the yeti and others. Looks like I need to pick up a 73 now....

ladyangler

Can someone tell me the base measurements of the Ozark Trail 73 qt.? I am on the hunt for a cooler to mount on my boat and can't find the blasted measurements for this cooler anywhere. Thanks guys

ladyangler

Did you ever get the exact measurements for the 73 qt. Ozark Trail cooler? Looks like they are out of stock but really like all of the info from this forum. I would like to put one on my boat but need exact measurements of the base prior to ordering anything. If it is too big I will have to go with the Rtic.
I will tonight when I get home from work since I have all 3 (26, 52, and 73) now :D

For the time being you can use the dimensions from the Gander Mountain site to get pretty darn close since they are basically the same thing:

Capacity: 70 liters / 18.5 gallons. Outside Dimensions: 32.9"L x 19.1"W x 18.7"H. Weight: 29.8 lbs. 5-year 100% guarantee
Capacity: 50 liters / 13.2 gallons. Outside Dimensions: 30.0"L x 17.2"W x 16.7"H. Weight: 26.4 lbs. 5-year 100% guarantee

BTW you can get a nice deal on the Gander Mountain 70L right now. Its on sale for $262 and they are offering $50 off when you spend $250 or more which brings the price to $212 which includes free shipping. If you live in a state where GM does not charge tax then it comes out to basically the same price as the Ozark 72qt from Walmart with tax.

perkj

Explorer
Did you ever get the exact measurements for the 73 qt. Ozark Trail cooler? Looks like they are out of stock but really like all of the info from this forum. I would like to put one on my boat but need exact measurements of the base prior to ordering anything. If it is too big I will have to go with the Rtic.

Here is the measurements of the 73qt:

Length= 30.5"
Height= 18.0"
Width = 20.0" From back to the end of the padlock section ( the widest point)

I'll get the 52 measurement later tonight.

ladyangler

Here is the measurements of the 73qt:

Length= 30.5"
Height= 18.0"
Width = 20.0" From back to the end of the padlock section ( the widest point)

I'll get the 52 measurement later tonight.

Is this the top measurements? If you don't mind I need the footprint. I have to squeeze it in a spot that is limited at the footprint only. Your help is much appreciate. I really want this cooler to work. Husband wants the Rtic but I hear the wait is forrrrreverrrrrr.

perkj

Explorer
Is this the top measurements? If you don't mind I need the footprint. I have to squeeze it in a spot that is limited at the footprint only. Your help is much appreciate. I really want this cooler to work. Husband wants the Rtic but I hear the wait is forrrrreverrrrrr.

Bottom measurements are 28.0 x 16.5" for the 73qt and 26.75 x 15" for the 52qt

Last edited:

pyrate

Rollin' along
I placed my order on Friday and received an email today indicating it is out of stock. Since I have a trip this weekend I guess I will buy something else.

WininUtah

Adventurer
Success!! I finally got to the Walmart on Saturday and a 26 qt was waiting for me. I have the Ace Cargo Tray in my JKU and this fits under it, should work out fine in conjunction with my 25 qt Igloo.

Biggunns

I used my 73 qt last weekend for a 3 day trip for 5 people and it performed flawlessly. I realized after I loaded it up that I had left the rubber side down on the feet so it didn't slide into my trailer very easily, but that was resolved after the trip.

Mtbodie

I didn't even know these puppies were around until I went to the Walmart today to pick up some dog food. There were a couple 26's, 52's and 73's sitting on the shelf. Coolers didn't even have price tags, so I had an employee do a price check on the 52 I was scoping out. Figured I'd pick it up for the weekend, if it's junk, I'll take it back. Looks more durable than my Coleman Xtreme, but we'll see, my Xtreme has lived a hard life.

pyrate

Rollin' along
I didn't even know these puppies were around until I went to the Walmart today to pick up some dog food. There were a couple 26's, 52's and 73's sitting on the shelf. Coolers didn't even have price tags, so I had an employee do a price check on the 52 I was scoping out. Figured I'd pick it up for the weekend, if it's junk, I'll take it back. Looks more durable than my Coleman Xtreme, but we'll see, my Xtreme has lived a hard life.

Crazy, stores with them sitting on shelves but I can't even buy one online, or I did and it was canceled due to not being available.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater