photos of prototype Jeep longbed

haven

Expedition Leader
Autoblog has some spy shots of a prototype Jeep 4-door that has the rear door openings welded closed, the rear seats replaced with an extension of the cargo floor, and leaf springs replacing the standard rear coils.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/jeep-jt-pickup-spy-shots-2/353579/

Jeep-rhd2.jpg

The prototype also has right hand drive, leading to speculation that this variant could be designed for the Egyptian military. Or perhaps it's a vehicle for USPS mail carriers.

Last edited:

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I like it, these things are growing on me. I always thought the TJs had a doe-eyed cutesy look but I'm starting to like the new JKs

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
FourByLand said:
Leaf springs???
It sorta, kinda, maybe looks like it has leaf springs in the front? Hard to tell, but by the right front tire, looks a bit like a leaf. Might also be a tranny skid plate or something I'm seeing.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Any guesses on the wheelbase? I didn't see anything stated/guesstimated.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Personaly the LWB to me looks better as a 2 door than the goofy ass 4 door they came out with. those things look stupid with the top off (the 4Dr's). this is (like the LJ before it) like a modern Scrambler; Read: Sweet. Not to mention the added utility.

Last edited:

DevEmp

These might also be RHD mail trucks based on the JK Unlimited, at least that's what I remember reading some where.

Section 8

Observer
This is what I wanted for the new "unlimited". 2 doors, diesel, I didn't think of a cargo floor (the seat of my jeep is in the closet).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__