Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Azamatl

Hello to everybody! I am from Russia and I have 3 motorhomes: one from Europe, one from USA and one I build from Chevy van G20 ex-ambulance.
Full metal ex-ambulance Chevy G20 when I get it image.jpg
And now it is a matorhome for fishing:image.jpgimage.jpg
Here is a plan image.jpg

And my other campers: image.jpg based on G30 commercial truck 1993
image.jpg Ford Transit kastenvagen 1982

Last edited:

Azamatl

It is a motorhome with popup roof. Has two double beds, one of them under the roof. image.jpgimage.jpg
Very small kitchen, freeger and heater image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Kastenvagen small and I use ford to go to lakes in deep forest
It's Me :) image.jpg
And my wife image.jpg

Last edited:

Azamatl

And now I am going to make a small trailer to use it with Mercedes ML or Nissan X-Trail for mud roads. Because all motorhomes are 4x2. Popup trailer with hardside wall and roof.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Did unit 308 come with those superduty mirrors or did you swap them on? Do you think they'd work out on a widebody as far as giving a good view. IOW, do they stick out far enough to be useful? What are the other two units for? Parts mules?

86scotty

Cynic
Welcome Azamatl. I really like the little Transit and looks like you've got a great pair to go fishing with. Keep us posted with pics of your travels!

cjken

Explorer
Did unit 308 come with those superduty mirrors or did you swap them on? Do you think they'd work out on a widebody as far as giving a good view. IOW, do they stick out far enough to be useful? What are the other two units for? Parts mules?

Unit 308 came with long big RV mirrors.
I swapped the current mirrors on.
The RV Mirrors were nice but were not able to fold back. I know if I kept them they would eventually get ripped off on a tree or something.

The white and blue one was a donor for the box. My friend wants to make a flatbed out of it
The black 93 idi mini mod is fully functional and currently serving as a sign for one of my math learning centers. I was originally going to make that 4x4 with the u-joint kit, but plans changed. I think the power stroke handles the bigger tires a bit better without regearing.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I found the answer to the mirror question by going back through your build thread. Should have done that first.

Math learning center...Kumon?

cjken

Explorer
Yeah, I found the answer to the mirror question by going back through your build thread. Should have done that first.

Math learning center...Kumon?

No. Ours is a bit more individualized and instructor driven. We get a lot of students from there because many have a tough time with their drill and kill strategies. They can work well for some students. We try to build conceptual reasoning and number sense vs straight memorization and algorithms.
More importantly we try to make their time with us enjoyable even if they feel confused and intimidated with numbers.
We just don't want math to be what stands in the way of anyone following their dreams. For example the kid who loves to build things but can't get to engineering school because they have a difficult time due to the fact math is taught in such a disconnected way in many schools.
We hope we are doing our little part to help people.

Sorry for getting off-topic

The black one runs like a top. I always feel bad that it sits so much. I try to drive it around a few times per month.

Azamatl

Welcome Azamatl. I really like the little Transit and looks like you've got a great pair to go fishing with. Keep us posted with pics of your travels!

Thank You for inviting!!! Shure, I'll post photo in future. All motorhomes I took in bad condition and repair them. Now I have project to make hardside collapsible popup trailer. I'll take photo of building process...
P.S. Sorry for my bad English...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal