Pics of your VAN! Post up!

dsw4x4

Adventurer
I will jump in on this thread.

It is so nice to see a gathering of some cool vans. Mine is finally starting to come together so I figured I would share some pics.

My first van

123jpg.jpg

My new van
IMG_1561.jpg

So I scored a junkyard van lid 50 bucks
IMGP2860.jpg

Sacrificed the old van and hacked off the roof
IMGP3069.jpg

Sewed up some material and made a slide out bed
IMGP3085.jpg

Sweet that all worked! Time get gutsy and hack the roof off of the new van.
A little paint and a quick fab job for a roof rack to hold the canoe and some lights.
IMGP3117.jpg

And bingo bango a new van with a new penthouse top that is full length.

IMGP3127.jpg

Next weekend the material will be getting a final fitment and install. I will post more pics then.

One last pic I think this was A "short wheel base trail" to
DSC02144.jpg

Now all I need is Tires, rims, lift, Lockers, Bumpers, winches, Snorkel and finish out the living space and I will be done. (Riiiiight)
Derek

Last edited:

cellularsteve2

Adventurer
Hey DSW4x4,
I love the last photo you posted. I was thinking no way! Then I saw that the trees were not pointing straight up and the photo was really skewed.:D

Still looked really steep though. Very cool. Nice mods and planned ones too.

steve:victory:

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Yes that photo is fun to show people it was steep but obviously not as steep as the pic looks at first glance. I was thinking of putting a roller on the bottom of the rear bumper to help keep it from digging in the rocks. I hate the over hang but love the extra space. I already bent both stock bumpers so as soon as the roof project is over bumpers are high on the list.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Black cloud?? I am not sure what you are talking about. If your talking about the top bunk on the roof of the van. That was the name (top Bunk) they are no longer being built but I have the access to the molds if I can get my brother in law to let me pick them up. They are just collecting dust right now. If I ever get some spare time I would like to pursue that further. I think now is the time for a light roof top camper like that.
Derek

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
The was a semi-famous Exo'd EB in CO known as "Black Cloud" that was owned by Coby Hughey. The truck was black, but he painted the Exo Cage a horrific fluorescent lime green.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
That makes sense!

No I built that bronco from scratch when i lived in St Louis. It is actually Pavo purple here is a better picture.

100_0078.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77