Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Vannibal Smith

So what Spartan Locker did you start with? And is this going in a front D60 or a rear D60 or does it matter? I've kinda wanted to try one out in my quigley front axle and your post has given me some new hope.

It's the Spartan sld6035. It's the closest to correct locker they make. It's for a Dana 60 35 spline axle, the only problem is that it doesn't have that c-clip channel that redoval cut out for me. I assume there are also 35 spline d60's out there without a clip.

It's on my rear axle...My van's only got 2wd...this was my poor mans solution to 4wd.

KD2IUS

Ken
image.jpeg
From this...

image.jpg
To this. New grille is a subtle yet welcome change, and I personally despise split color signal lenses, necessitating the switch.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Some updates worthy of a new picture.

Monstalinered the entire bottom of this van in charcoal grey. Then added a 2" VanCompass lift on the front! Can't wait until they have the rear portion available.

25941869504_0753e27402_z_d.jpg

How hard was doing the Monstaliner? It looks great and would certainly solve the gravel chip problem. Any pictures?

Sorry, Just saw this question.

The Monstaliner is pretty easy. Basically just prep and roll it on. The roller gives it its texture. You can also spray it on. I actually coated over the monstaliner on the Sprinter with Hammerite to give it a shiny metallic look.

26388591240_baa6bd26d8_c.jpg

I've been building custom vans, mostly Eurovan Westfalia and Westy conversions for people and have used Monstaliner on many of them. It's cool stuff since its easy to tint to any color you want.

I did this custom Syncro. The bottom is the same "Proclastic" grey as my Sprinter and then I did a 1" "Smurfadelic" stipe around it. Also did the interior door grab handles.

Stuff has been great so far on rockers (to prevent rust and rock chip issues, and to add color), the poptop (to protect against scratches from trees and gear), door steps and bumpers(Protection on high wear areas and grip to step on). (This van is in Boudler, Co)

25464115791_1f62e9d54d_c.jpg

I used the stock "Turquilla" color on this build to add a little texture to the bottom of the van but also for protection of the rockers, steps, inside the fender wells, grab handles, etc. You can get pretty creative with the stuff. (this van is roaming around San Diego now)

23028449783_8c26332231_c.jpg

23027355474_a2e23460d5_c.jpg

This van is a MV Poptop Conversion I just built for a family in Ohio. He wanted to stay with subtle greys. So I did the poptop and the rockers/bumpers/steps/inside grab handles in the "ptoclastic" grey to match the silver van. Looks really cool in person, hard to tell its grey in the pictures.

26057361371_b135d485b9_c.jpg

Shot of the rear bumper and step done before the van became a poptop.

25658750133_09acae27fb_c.jpg

With the poptop FWIW,

25988560160_d50170e6c5_c.jpg

This is the whole bottom section of my own Techno Blue Eurovan done in Monstaliner that was tinted with factory Techno Blue paint. I used my own van as a test to see how well I could color match it.

24465451576_bd2cf640a5_c.jpg

i've done a few others but those are the highlights. Its pretty cool stuff.

F451

Observer
Just noticed this pic while reviewing my trip pics, came out kinda interesting. Me and the Turtle Top in Missouri. :Wow1:

image-M.jpg

Ferd

image.jpg
My 03 2500 awd Express last weekend. Had the front wheel off the ground a couple of times.. The awd system is awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater