Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Railvan

Adventurer
Weekend to central WA

wk2.jpg
Took off Saturday night after work, and stayed up on Stevens Pass that night. On Sunday I wandered up the Columbia River from Wenatchee to the Winthrop area and camped NW of Winthrop. Van had been in and out of the shop for a month previously so I had to prove everything was OK. (Turns out it was a broken wire in the harness to the trans so the computer was freaking out not knowing how fast it was going). This is just before camping Sunday night. Spring has come early this year and the hills are covered in flowers. And, yes, the van ran perfectly all weekend.
wk5.jpg
Camp spot Sunday night was a former logging area where a burn had been cleared.

Last edited:

86cj

Explorer
View attachment 343793
My 03 2500 awd Express last weekend. Had the front wheel off the ground a couple of times.. The awd system is awesome

This pic is a great example of a typical National Forest obstacle encountered on the way back into some beautiful camping and solitude. I took a Jeep camping through many states and found out it was overkill for a good part of my back country journey, your AWD Van is just about the perfect choice. By the time the trailer hitch is draggin' there is plenty of traction in most situations, the AWD system works well on the trail.........

agelessGIANT

Observer
Headed out to El Mirage this past weekend for the SCTA time trials. Had a great time with a buddy who set a new record for his bike. This was the first run with the new van, motorcycles inside and towing the uHaul. It was everything I was hoping for. Always a good time and great people out there.

Attachments

• IMG_1937.JPG
    IMG_1937.JPG
    445.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 82
We are traveling Old School!

We LOVE our Camper van! It might not look like much now but we are in the process of doing a complete build on the interior and while we are doing it we will be traveling this Summer.IMG_0603.JPG

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Agile Sprinter, getting all dressed up at Aluminess for the Overland Expo.

4025-albums958-picture31142.jpg

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Found a Unicorn

I am constantly on a look out for AWD/4WD or rare oddball vans. Yesterday I drove home in a 2008 Chevrolet Express 3500 extended van with a high top and rear wheelchair lift that Im very excited about. The thing that is really interesting about this rig is that it came from the factory with a 6.6L duramax diesel under the hood, makes is super rare and really fun to drive, pulling out into traffic and getting up to speed is not an issue. I am seriously considering rolling this monster over to Salt Lake City for a full 4WD conversion...

Attachments

• 236.jpg
    236.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 246.jpg
    246.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 242.jpg
    242.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 64

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Update on Traxda AWD Express Van Lift Kit

01.jpgIMG_20160427_175642_695.jpg
For anyone considering the Traxda key lift kit for your AWD express van, here's my 2000 mile update opinion. Get it done, the ride, posture, body roll and handling is far superior to stock, especially on a 150K mile rig that has evolved into a soft/spongy ride. I got about 2 inches of front lift (not the 3 inches advertised) but overall I am very happy with the end result, no downside what so ever. With the addition of 265/75/16 load E Cooper AT3 tires this van looks like what it is, a 4WD rig ready for some outdoor adventure. Installation took about 3.5 hours (would be faster the next time) then an alignment, tires and it felt like a new van, much more fun to drive. If you have been on the fence about this modification, just do it, you will not regret it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues