Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Accrete

Explorer
...slatted bed for the misses, hammock for me.
...The Tenkara USA...The one interest I have where my mind is blank (usually is constantly running) in the most beautiful settings (streams) and almost like meditation if that makes sense...

On sleeping systems... in the our van (realizing it is a tad more roomy) we use a full size Froli Sleep System that we totally enjoy. The FSS would be similar in some ways to what your wife is sleeping on. On hammocks? We set ours up as often as possible in areas that the furry-four-footed types don't frequent. Here is my wife's setup, a WarBonnet RidgeRunner under a WB SuperFly tarp on TATO stands. Mine is similar except I use the WB Blackbird model hammock.

accrete_wbrr-wbsf-tatostand.jpg

On the Tenkara... yuppers on the possible Zen-ness of it, could so see it happening watching those videos.

Looking forward to the future thread!
: ) Thom

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
sometime back in ?1990? my wife and I took a test drive in a van (might have been a Ford E series?) on a dealer lot that had four captains chairs and a wall behind the second row chairs with what looked like a canopy hatch that opened inward. This allowed the "crew" to grab contents in the cargo area to some extent, then of course the balance of the rear cargo area was accessible by the rear barn doors. We almost pulled the trigger and I think we would have had many years of enjoyment out of a rig like that with our (then) young family of four. I still think the basic layout is valid.

: ) Thom

PS. "Richard" looks fantastic with the lift!! On a personal observational note ; ) ...I really like the looks of these moderate lifts (2" to 3") on the chevy vans. When I look at some of the extreme (6") lifts from BOR on the chevy's I think the fit is off. Richard's 2/2.5" lift is ideal IMO.

They sit way too low for me but then again everything sits too way low for me. It amazes me that no one makes (as you know) anything for these rigs, The front is a custom billet aluminum coil spacer (Not Boulder) the rear is simple blocks/ubolts. I spent a couple frustrating hours on the phone with KYB and Monroe figuring out longer/larger shocks which drove their tech guys nuts. They kept saying "no makes a lift for these vehicles" and I had to convince some very left brained people to think outside the box and just answer my questions about length, dimensions, load, etc. The rear shock is a bolt on, the fronts are bigger, had to be slightly modified but everything works fantastic. I would have liked room for 285s and another inch up front but am pretty happy for now until a front axle is under my feet. We leave tomorrow for Yellowstone, should fun. My wife and I used to travel so light, now with this rig, hybrid (also lifted lol) trailer, kids dogs we are like 12K rolling pounds of sandwich stuff and sleeping bags, silly but comfy...

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Just bought this today.

Build thread to come. I leave for vacation tomorrow so the work won't start for another three weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abitibi

Explorer
Does it count as Rock crawling? Hahaha!

daa002214cba2e2969a0664bc235777b.jpg

BC at its best!
9aa535bb51ea2ed9b4ef1d486c06fda5.jpg

And nice to see another ambo Lockedwheels, enjoy your build!

Cheers
David

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Petrolburner

Explorer
13886862_10101280146558543_7307970785206302784_n.jpg

Picked up two different styles of Thule bike racks at #TheGearFixBend and made some mounts for the floor of the #Motovan using the same tee nuts that I use for mounting the dirt bike wheel chocks to the removable piece of plywood. I can take two mountain bikes and one dirt bike now. The two different styles should allow me to adapt to more frame styles for friend's bikes. My #GiantTrance fits both, but my #Mrazek single speed only fits in the tray on the right. Next time I have two dirtbikes loaded up I'll mark the center position so I can take two dirtbikes plus a mountain bike.

WAMTB

Picked up two different styles of Thule bike racks at #TheGearFixBend and made some mounts for the floor of the #Motovan using the same tee nuts that I use for mounting the dirt bike wheel chocks to the removable piece of plywood. I can take two mountain bikes and one dirt bike now. The two different styles should allow me to adapt to more frame styles for friend's bikes. My #GiantTrance fits both, but my #Mrazek single speed only fits in the tray on the right. Next time I have two dirtbikes loaded up I'll mark the center position so I can take two dirtbikes plus a mountain bike.

Mrazek frame, there's a blast from the past. I remember when all the fast guys in Bend that weren't named Steve Larsen rode Mrazek's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach