Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Corneilius

Adventurer
Ouch, all of us at the shop are hurting for you. I wouldn't trust a van that had been gutted then put back together though. good luck on a finding another

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Ahhhh mannnnnn. Isn't someone liable for that kind of mistake, I mean come ON mannnnnn!

MY day is kind of ruined over this story, can't imagine how you're feeling over it..

Its happen before, lol, one time the counter guys sold the tires and wheels off an AWD astro I had parked out front. It sucks but there's nothing I can do about it, a check was stroked to me same day and next time I will be more clear with a grease pencil on every window or something. Most of my income comes from my relationship with the owner of this company so this is a not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I do hate to see a rare AWD rig like this disappear forever because last time I checked they aren't making anymore of them...

onemanarmy

Explorer
why wouldn't your 'partner', if he is such a thing, behave and communicate with his employees as to not harm you? If your so called partner can't be bothered to mention to his guys to not touch your van, he seems pretty worthless.

I can't stand incompetence if you can't tell

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
why wouldn't your 'partner', if he is such a thing, behave and communicate with his employees as to not harm you? If your so called partner can't be bothered to mention to his guys to not touch your van, he seems pretty worthless.

I can't stand incompetence if you can't tell

Wow, that's awesome, an amazingly bitter fact free (booze tainted?) insight... Richard? is that you?

How bout I show you my W2 and you tell me how important a wrecked salvage title van is in the overall scheme of things. Its not a big deal, with over 70 acres of cars, 90 employees and like 2000+ cars a year coming in the gate its easy to take apart the wrong one.

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
Wow, that's awesome, an amazingly bitter fact free (booze tainted?) insight... Richard? is that you?

How bout I show you my W2 and you tell me how important a wrecked salvage title van is in the overall scheme of things. Its not a big deal, with over 70 acres of cars, 90 employees and like 2000+ cars a year coming in the gate its easy to take apart the wrong one.

You're right of course.. But after two times I do hope you carry a bottle of shoe polish with you when you leave a vehicle unattended there so you can write your name or “Do not chop!” on your windshield.

Reminds me of the surgeon's habit of writing “ do not remove” on the OTHER leg when they do an amputation. :sombrero:

FYI- we'll be neighbors here in about a year or so, my family's in Farmington and I'll be moving up to the Arboles/Pagosa area. Let me know if you come across any Jeep Commandos, 1980's Econolines (doors, glass, and quarters) , or old reefer cold-box delivery trucks/vans in your travels at the salvage yard. Also interested in old water drilling rigs, and cement trucks, in salvage-price condition. :088:

Last edited:

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
You're right of course.. But after two times I do hope you carry a bottle of shoe polish with you when you leave a vehicle unattended there so you can write your name or “Do not chop!” on your windshield.

Reminds me of the surgeon's habit of writing “ do not remove” on the OTHER leg when they do an amputation. :sombrero:

FYI- we'll be neighbors here in about a year or so, my family's in Farmington and I'll be moving up to the Arboles/Pagosa area. Let me know if you come across any Jeep Commandos, 1980's Econolines (doors, glass, and quarters) , or old reefer cold-box delivery trucks/vans in your travels at the salvage yard. Also interested in old water drilling rigs, and cement trucks, in salvage-price condition. :088:

A valid idea, I had it parked in a place where I thought it was safe but clearly wasnt. I just had my right hand operated on for carpel tunnel, wrote "NO" with a sharpie on my left before going in, my surgeon was a little offended, lol. If you're local then you know what Highway 64 Salvage is like, a mad house at best on a slow day. Get up here to the high country, all I worry about is bears in my (6 at 1 time is our record) yard, not crime. I have a bull nose Commando sitting in my driveway, small world huh? There is an 80s econoline conversion van hidden at the "other yard" I have been thinking about. I cant get a photo to upload here but email me direct at bozwell13@hotmail.com and Ill forward a picture. It looks way to good to be sitting out there. The "good stuff" is at the other yard...

onemanarmy

Explorer

cool man....you claim to make good money. I could care less. I care more about the incompetence that sent a somewhat rare, sought after vehicle, to its death.

5 seconds of convo could have eliminated the confusion.

anyway, carry on....love all these vans.

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Ouch, all of us at the shop are hurting for you. I wouldn't trust a van that had been gutted then put back together though. good luck on a finding another

I would... if I was still able to put it together myself. Or use it as an excuse to build it into something even better.

I can understand how it could happen... wrecking perfect seats is careless and like burning money.

TheVagabondMBA

Observer
Are those 31x10s 0n stock wheels and springs?
Any rubbing?

No issues whatsoever. I can turn the wheels fully in both directions and there's still full travel while driving down the dirt. Perhaps it's because it's the E350 and the heavier springs up front allow for those tires. Technically, they are 255/75/16 (25.5 cm / 2.54 = 10" wide. 10 x .75 = 7.5" of rubber on each side of the wheel. 7.5 x2 = 15" of rubber all around. 15" + 16" = 31" tall.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater