Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
I just looked at all 51 pages and have to wipe the drool of my chin.:drool:
I always wanted a 4x4 van. I got the chance to drive one for a year as a company vehicle when I worked in the oil field. I loved it. 99 Quigley Ford E350.
Quigley2.jpg

01020001030101040520071103f9436df89.jpg

I purchased a 65 IH Metro a year and a half ago but sold a little while ago and was really tempted to do a 4x4 conversion on it. It has front leaves and it would have been quite easy to install a 4x4 front axle and a divorced transfer case. However it was already over 8' tall and would have been even taller with the front axle and lift, but man that would have been cool.
Downtown1.jpg

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I just looked at all 51 pages and have to wipe the drool of my chin.:drool:
I always wanted a 4x4 van. I got the chance to drive one for a year as a company vehicle when I worked in the oil field. I loved it. 99 Quigley Ford E350.
Quigley2.jpg

01020001030101040520071103f9436df89.jpg

I purchased a 65 IH Metro a year and a half ago but sold a little while ago and was really tempted to do a 4x4 conversion on it. It has front leaves and it would have been quite easy to install a 4x4 front axle and a divorced transfer case. However it was already over 8' tall and would have been even taller with the front axle and lift, but man that would have been cool.
Downtown1.jpg
Now that would have been way cool!!!:wings:

Rigger

My 2008 Ford family hauler. 4x4 by AFWD. (not sure why the pic is so small)

Attachments

• Vanx4.JPG
    Vanx4.JPG
    900.5 KB · Views: 208

Rigger

LOL! I am NOT going there!

Strictly speaking, mine is not a camper, but it has taken us thru some tough conditions. In my opinion, the mix of a 4x4 and a full-sized van is perfect.

Some of the pics here are not of the "click to enlarge" nature. How the heck did mine end up like that? I shall have to investigate it. I am a noob to this forum, but so far I am enjoying the threads.

:)

That One Guy

Adventurer
I have been looking around here and already spent many hours webexploring... ;) So I thought it was time to share some pics of my van, from some of the trips I`ve been on.
It`s a 1984 Dodge B250 Pathfinder 4x4, it has a 360, 727, 203, D44 front and D60 rear with Tracloc. Works well for offroading, exploring and as a daily driver :) Trust me, I`ve done all those things with it, and it has taken me many places where there has never been a van before ;)

How is that NP203 working out for you? And what vehicle did you get the 44 out of?

vanderpooch

Authentic Adventurer
Hey Tom!

I've been following your bumper build over on The Samba. Love it! Love the van color too! I designed the first prototype double swing with Mike @ RMW for my van.
I love how your tray came out! Mine is simple with just angle with wire mesh.

Cheers!
John

Syncronicity

Observer
Hey John. I really like the bumpers and the double swing rear rack. Good job. I was planning on a paint job when we first purchased it, but the orange has grown on us and we are going to keep it. Is your handle on thesamba the same as here? This forum has tons of great info. I found while searching some SAR info. Just what I need, is another forum to get sucked into:wings:

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Love the van and color iceman - and this is one of the best forums to be on - now that I dont have to patrol a half dozen forums for work this is pretty much the only place I hang out.

Accrete

Explorer
Greetings!
Some of you are aware that my wife and i sold her TACO daily driver and began an AWD Van conversion over the last couple months. Well the sun gods visited the Oregon Coast today and i was actually able to get a shot of the van at the dunes in our home town. The project is coming along nicely and we are enjoying the project.

TGL_2010-12-31-dunes.jpg

I have a build thread over at the SMB forum if anyone is interested in the details.

Happy Trails and . . .
HAPPY NEW YEAR from the WET! Coast of Oregon USA : )
thom

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Love the van and color iceman - and this is one of the best forums to be on - now that I dont have to patrol a half dozen forums for work this is pretty much the only place I hang out.

This is such a great statement. I was in the same position a couple years ago. HATED all of the other forums I had to patrol/post. ExPo kept me sane!!!!!

Meekerfam

Observer
update on looks

early 80's grill, Blacked out. pinstriping gone. rear bumper swaped out

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0073.JPG