Pics of your VAN! Post up!

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Nice boat!

Thanks to Ujoint for helping me get this beast on the road.
I am still figuring things out, and will probably be asking lots of questions.

I'll play along, here are some pics of mine...
*Interior
*Somewhere in AZ
*Co-pilot #1 and co-pilot #2

Great looking van! Love these older Fords so much. What kind of pop-top is that?

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
my current rig, Julia. running 230hp subaru SVX motor in this one. this is syncro #5 for me. lusting after 4x4 econolines as of late though

Holy crap! 230HP!!! I had an 84 Vanagon with a whole 87HP, IIRC. Can't even imagine having had 230HP. My trip to Alaska would've been so different. What kind of MPG's do you get with it?

coguzzi

Adventurer
Holy crap! 230HP!!! I had an 84 Vanagon with a whole 87HP, IIRC. Can't even imagine having had 230HP. My trip to Alaska would've been so different. What kind of MPG's do you get with it?

Northwoodsman: a 230hp subaru SVX syncro really was the sweet spot here in CO. I would say mpg was the only drawback, it got 15 on a good day cruising at 80mph (i saw as low as 13 even) but remember a stock syncro was rated for 17mpg at the best of times--and only capable of sustained 65 (able to push it farther but they are not happy)

i previously built a subaru EJ22 (2.2L) that was a wonderful machine as well, but i always craved more (but huge improvement over stock) that returned 22mpg.

i also built a EJ22T (2.2 turbo) for a customer, great machine but cant comment on mpg.

my syncro is gone now--boo hoo, but my current van/build is here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/68323-coguzzi-s-E350-build

etcatmeat

Observer
I can't get enough of that rig, one of my favorites.

FYI Gordon at Inland Rovers just got a call from someone yesterday about doing this same conversion to their Fun Mover class C motorhome. They said they saw mine on your site and got the bug!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
FYI Gordon at Inland Rovers just got a call from someone yesterday about doing this same conversion to their Fun Mover class C motorhome. They said they saw mine on your site and got the bug!

Cool! I talked to him yesterday.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Northwoodsman: a 230hp subaru SVX syncro really was the sweet spot here in CO. I would say mpg was the only drawback, it got 15 on a good day cruising at 80mph (i saw as low as 13 even) but remember a stock syncro was rated for 17mpg at the best of times--and only capable of sustained 65 (able to push it farther but they are not happy)

i previously built a subaru EJ22 (2.2L) that was a wonderful machine as well, but i always craved more (but huge improvement over stock) that returned 22mpg.

i also built a EJ22T (2.2 turbo) for a customer, great machine but cant comment on mpg.

my syncro is gone now--boo hoo, but my current van/build is here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/68323-coguzzi-s-E350-build

Yeah, mine got about 20mpg on the highway as long as i kept it around 55-60. I sometimes pushed it up to 75, but it sounded like it wanted to blow up the whole time. Stupid 4-speed transmission.

I would've traded a few mpg's for the extra power, but a 5-spd. swap would've helped that out.

I know for a while there was a site on the web called VWRX that showcased some guys down in California that were putting WRX motors in Westafalia's and Syncro's. A good 2.2L would've been plenty for my needs I think.

Oh, and a few years back, on craigslist in LA, I saw an older air-cooled Westfalia with a Porsche 911 flat six in it. Sweet I tell ya!

vanderpooch

Authentic Adventurer
IMAG0508.jpg

Air cooled Syncro?

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Well I have been on the Expo for awhile, just completed a trip to the Boundary Waters traveling through northern UP of MI. Thought I would show off my rig built by UJOR. The "YETI" 2000 Ford E350 EB 7.3L Diesel with Baja Rack

I Really miss my old baby, but she looks like you are treating her right and she's enjoying the rebirth.

Thanks!

Ryan208

Something different

I saw this parked down the street from me and I had to snap a couple of pics. Great thread guys!

IMG_20111027_114609.jpg
IMG_20111027_114602.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach