Pics of your VAN! Post up!

crawldit

Adventurer
Not the prettiest Westy around, but I just picked up this 84 to play with. New engine and tranmission 50k miles ago. New canvas a couple of summers ago. Already replaced a broken j-pipe, replaced the missing exhaust strap, installed a Gene Berg Short shift kit and put in some rubber floor mats for the front and rear. This weekend I will put in the new stereo, antenna and front sway bar links. The next round of mods will be front/rear shocks, removing the stock propane tank and modding the system to accept 1 lb coleman bottles. After that hopefully a GoWesty Auxiliary Battery kit, and removing the stock fridge for storage and replacing with an Edgestar electric fridge. Oh yeah....and paint. She certainly isn't a looker right now, but that's okay since the "guts" are all in working order.

Dawgboy

Adventurer
Ok, guess Im playing... Some really nice rigs in here, but here's my little dumpster.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380743721.284699.jpg

Brought to you by Cyberdyne Systems

djm68

Observer
DJM68,

I see you have a sliding door also instead of the side barn doors. What is your opinion on that? I have the slider also and I really can't say which I like better but I'm perfectly happy with my slider. Glad I don't have to pick one though because it would drive me nuts trying to decide. I know that there has been plenty of dicussion on that topic

Well, just following up like a year late. :( In case anyone is still interested:

The slider is fine for us -- we did not have a choice as that was how the van was equipped when we bought it. The slider does not hit the flares, so all good there. I suppose the barn door can mount extra storage, useful when folded out, but I don't feel like we are missing anything. I like the slider -- when open, it is out of the way. Basically, we just love the van!

Cheers,
DJM

scottman

Observer
Finally had an opportunity to use the busdepot awning. Loving this setup.

IMG_20131010_090933.jpg

IMG_20131010_090917.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk