Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

MattKoch

Observer
M416 with its custom topper :)

IMG_0439.jpg

We cut and fit this contractor topper to fit the M416. This was its first trip out with the new shell.

tymbom

75b824d67849ef791e7af31213d7e48c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is awesome... So notta JK... No offense to any JK owners.... I love old Jeeps like this and my M38a1...

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I tried out my new RTT down in southern Utah a couple weeks ago. We were down with the Old Farts Expedition folks. Wet, muddy, and wonderful. The new tent and attached side room was perfect. Not a drop of rain on the inside the entire 9 days we were gone. The trailer is small and light and also doesn't leak a drop. Only problem is that if you are doing heavy off-roading, the 14" tires are too low. The company says they are working on a new design with 16"-17" wheels. This existing setup is really nice for those who are into the rough stuff and want to take their spouse and kids out with them. Or for old farts like me :) That changing room is great for setting up a porta-potty. It can hold at least two cots also.

Here is the maker's webpage:http://www.freespiritrecreation.com/journey-xl-basecamp-tent-trailer/

IMG_4385.jpg

A wet night at Hamburger Rock campground just south of the Needles district, Canyonland NP

IMG_4305.jpg

Wifey and Tucker trying out the tent before I left

IMG_4382.jpg

Another shot of Hamburger Rock

Last edited:

RodFarva

Newbie here,

Awesome, straight up awesome! Best thread ever!

I was referred here from somewhere else, and this was the thread. I want a trailer and this is enough info to keep me looking for a long time. Thanks everyone!
Being that this is the only thread I have read here and I have been reading it for two days, please forgive me for a couple of questions. I am going to go back and read the rest of the forum, but I am curious now.

Is it super cold in an RTT (Just learned figured that one out) when it is cold? 6 feet off the ground, I'd figure you would freeze when it is freezing.

No love for full size pickups? I know there is a reason, I just can't figure it out. Wheelbase? Or just not very expeditionary? I like the SUV's and the mini trucks, But like everyone here, my truck, F250, is the best thing since unprotected sex. What gives?

Thanks, And thanks for having me over.

Lucky j

Explorer
Actually, I think it is warmer than on the ground. The entire surface of the tent is a matress, so 2" of insulation, the material is thicker than a traditionnal expedition ground tent for most rtt anyway.

It could be colder than an igloo, but to me, it is pretty confortable. I slept in mine in -20 C weather. But cover will be tight to put back on.

Newbie here,

Awesome, straight up awesome! Best thread ever!

I was referred here from somewhere else, and this was the thread. I want a trailer and this is enough info to keep me looking for a long time. Thanks everyone!
Being that this is the only thread I have read here and I have been reading it for two days, please forgive me for a couple of questions. I am going to go back and read the rest of the forum, but I am curious now.

Is it super cold in an RTT (Just learned figured that one out) when it is cold? 6 feet off the ground, I'd figure you would freeze when it is freezing.

No love for full size pickups? I know there is a reason, I just can't figure it out. Wheelbase? Or just not very expeditionary? I like the SUV's and the mini trucks, But like everyone here, my truck, F250, is the best thing since unprotected sex. What gives?

Thanks, And thanks for having me over.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater