My set up from the uk 🏻

2388fc6242e6a2911dffdc0676ddb1b3.jpg
e7b39d172e9ef1733ac67e2da666ac43.jpg
536e886026b65ccf265affbe40cf23d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleam

Explorer
Little Red

Little Red is new to me as of yesterday! A full days drive to pick up and return home in the snow and fog, I'm tired now. This morning at home, I started practicing backing up and gave up then tried again, finally able to get it in place. This will take practice. In the meantime, I get to pack and play with how to arrange what goes where without sliding around.

IMG_20151129_163333764.jpg

pyrate

Rollin' along
Little Red is new to me as of yesterday! A full days drive to pick up and return home in the snow and fog, I'm tired now. This morning at home, I started practicing backing up and gave up then tried again, finally able to get it in place. This will take practice. In the meantime, I get to pack and play with how to arrange what goes where without sliding around.

View attachment 317608

Nice trailer. The backup process can take a bit of time, especially with something small that isn't always easy to see. Good rule of thumb, go slow. For some, physically turning yourself in your seat and looking out the back window is helpful.

jonnyquest

Adventurer

View attachment 317608

Very cool. One trailer backing tip I received is to move the bottom of the steering wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go. Will we see you at Overland Expo in May?

Sleam

Explorer
Yup, I'll be there! And thanks for the tips, I did a bit of both. Looking over my shoulder and hand moving slowly to correct the turns. I'll practice. But first my transmission is going out and I'm working out my options. Sigh.

Izoomby

My Adventure Trailer

Took the family on the first "official" camping trip this past August. We (myself, wife, and two boys 9 & 11) camped at PJ Hoffmaster State Park near Muskegon, MI. We had a great time! Vacations prior to this consisted of renting homes along Lake Michigan's shoreline, that too was a blast but the cost was ridiculous so we decided to try the camping thing. We are hooked, well…. myself and the boys are hooked, the wife is almost there…. Now I want to do it bigger and better!! Original trailer (second pic) did the job with tarps but couldn't keep the water out at 60 mph as well as not being big enough so I bought the M1101 a few weeks ago to replace it. I am researching so I can build the perfect trailer for my needs. I would like to utilize the trailer to do everything from hauling firewood to being a moderate adventure rig. First mod will be adding a water tight/removable top. I have my older brother CAD designing one for me now. Looking forward to what he comes up with…… Thanks everyone for the inspiration there are some impressive trailers on this site!!

20151122_162056.jpg20150903_130111.jpg

ghcoe

Adventurer
This is my modified '84 StarCraft. Running 31x10.5 wheels. Was a great little trailer for back county expeditions and a test bed for future builds.

Attachments

• DSCF1297s.jpg
    DSCF1297s.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 101

Sleam

Explorer
Little Red

Only a week ago, we drove to Raton to meet up and buy Little Red, a 1985 ish M416 trailer with a lockable lid. It was just what I'd hoped for, size, condition.
Since then I've not had much time to take it out but I have filled it with the camping gear, trying to keep the weight distributed right, and I added the high lift jack, the crate at the front and today I added solar powered string lights that are now attached to the inside of the lid with duct tape! It works, I open the lid and have light! Very happy with this so far. Now I need to practice more.

Little Red .jpg

IMG_20151206_100853362.jpg

and another from today!

IMG_20151207_143006928_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151129_163333764.jpg
    IMG_20151129_163333764.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Abntroop

Observer
ABNTroop
Very nice setup!! Where were the pictures taken?
Thanks man, I took those this last summer. Left Vancouver, Wa for a ten day poke my nose around trip through central Idaho. LOTS of off pavement driving and lots of elevation gains and losses. Was a neat trip. Plan on doing the same again this summer as there was alot I didnt have the chance to explore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues