Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

Heifer Boy

Adventurer
Kia Ora Griff. Welcome from a fellow Kiwi although I'm trapped in Oz like so many others. You need to get that camper over here some time. This country is built for (and builds) a million camper trailers. Having said that I'd love to take mine over to NZ and take back to some of my old stomping grounds.

New Horizons Overland

NEWHORIZONSOVERLAND
Where is this???

4658843038_a9977ddf69_b.jpg

4658858446_29208f0d68_b.jpg

3muckypuppies

Gidday Fella,

I just had a peek at your camper box, very nice. Looks like a proper job, especially with the colour match.

I actually set up the defender and trailer with the intention of crossing the ditch and doing a hot lap of the Big Western Isle. Too many 4WD Action DVDs tempted me. Alas a wife and step daughter interrupted them plans (to be honest, they love camping almost as much as I do so I shouldn't grizzle too hard). I don't know how much touring you did here, not as involved as OZ I guess but you can still cover some amazing places.

Where's the stomping grounds? I'm paused in the Bay of Plenty at the mo.

3muckypuppies

Nice kitchen! Got any closeups on how this is suspended off the tailgate? Looks like it might be supported by your swing away carrier?

Gidday Ralph,

You're right, the kitchen hangs on a couple of brackets on the wheel carrier and the back of the stove shelve has a butterfly bolt through to a higher bracket. I wanted to be able to set the trailer up on uneven ground but I'm thinking now that a couple of adjustable legs might hold the weight a bit better. Can't have the breakfast on the deck now can we?

en480c4

Observer
Current favorite is the only one I currently have with both my Jeep and the trailer in it...

From the day I brought it home:

0aa7383d.jpg

I didn't have time to get temp plates to tow it home, and didn't know what kind of shape it was in, so on a borrowed trailer it went! It's a '52 Dunbar M100.

The rebuild (resto-mod) is underway, and my build thread is here.

Heifer Boy

Adventurer
Gidday Fella,

I just had a peek at your camper box, very nice. Looks like a proper job, especially with the colour match.

I actually set up the defender and trailer with the intention of crossing the ditch and doing a hot lap of the Big Western Isle. Too many 4WD Action DVDs tempted me. Alas a wife and step daughter interrupted them plans (to be honest, they love camping almost as much as I do so I shouldn't grizzle too hard). I don't know how much touring you did here, not as involved as OZ I guess but you can still cover some amazing places.

Where's the stomping grounds? I'm paused in the Bay of Plenty at the mo.

Thanks. The camper box is sitting on the ground at the moment waiting for some new legs (it fell off the other ones and did some damage). I'll be getting to it soon though.

I've done loads of small trips around here and a few big ticket items like Fraser Island, Simpson Desert and Vic High Country. The camper box it perfect for this kind of stuff as I don't have the hassle of towing anything. I'd like to head over to WA some day but will need a bit of time for that.

I'm living on the South Coast of NSW (Jervis Bay) but have been in Sydney for many years before now. Orginally a JAFA. BOP is a nice placebut I haven't been there for long time.

HB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven