Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

NetDep

Adventurer
Just back from a trip to the Galiuros. Here are some pics of the rig and trailer.

A complete photoset is here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rk_az/slideshow/Galiuros - Nov 2013?sort=2

Roger -

What an amazing vacation!! Loved your photoset -- you have a great eye and fantastic setup!! Is this a particular route/trail that you stuck to? If so - what was the name? It looks like a perfect trail to drag a trailer along!! Can you just stop and put up camp? Is this the best time of year to go? Are there things that one must take - or not take - or wish you had? Sorry for all the questions but I would love to do something like this over a few days!! Your images and the views and the seclusion look truly refreshing!!

Thanks!!!

Tim

rk_az

Adventurer
Thanks Tim!

This is the Rattlesnake Canyon area at the northeast end of the Galiuro Mountains. Access to this particular area is via Rattlesnake Rd., from Aravaipa Rd. near Klondyke, and requires signing in and out and carrying a "Ranch Pass" in the vehicle. This is because you are crossing a private ranch which grants access to sportsmen and recreationists through an agreement with AZ Game & Fish Dept. But once you cross the ranch property and enter the Coronado National Forest, you can camp pretty much anywhere. The road is steep and rocky in spots, so I recommend 4wd and high clearance, especially along the last few miles of two-track as you approach the trailhead at the Galiuro Wilderness boundary. The sections of road in my photos are pretty mild by comparison. Spring and fall would be best, weather-wise. Summer would be very hot, and there could be significant snow in winter. Elevation is in the 4,000 - 6,000 ft. range. We were about a month late for the best fall color, the little maples and big sycamores down in the canyons had all dropped most of their leaves already. Early Oct. would be nice. As far as things to take or not, nothing special...whatever you normally take. I would recommend camera and binoculars. One thing to keep in mind is hunting seasons. Because access to the National Forest is somewhat limited, hunters and their vehicles will be concentrated in those areas. So if you like solitude and don't want trucks and quads running up and down the roads past your camp, you might want to plan a trip between seasons.

Roger

Last edited:

4runnerteq

Explorer

Not much of the trailer. Just a basic m416 with a homemade alukabond lid heading out the backroad of cades cove in the smokie mountains

Rumpig

Adventurer
Nice trailer!
cheers mate...it's one of the top of the line off road trailers here in Australia, a Kimberley Kamper Platinum Edition. It's got a diesel powered hot water system and all water running through a 12V pump, also has a diesel heater for inside the camper aswell so we don't have to worry about the cold temps when camping in Winter. on top of that there's a 75ltr Autofridge, 80watt folding solar panels, nice big kitchen bench area with a dual burner lpg gas stove and seperate wok burner....and not to forget the dual zone radio system onbaord aswell (it's a bit soft camping this way i know, but it's certainly comfortable...lol). it's very quick to set up and pack up for overnight stops when touring around, but the downside is it's quite heavy (about 1.5T roughly) and has a fairly decent towball weight also.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
cheers mate...it's one of the top of the line off road trailers here in Australia, a Kimberley Kamper Platinum Edition.

And then there is the Kamper's bigger brother, the Kimberley Karavan; of which there are currently two in the US.

66Kicks.jpgCanyonlands1.jpgGrandCanyon2.jpg

A bunch more photos here: http://www.pbase.com/flydutch/kimberleykamper

Top three rows in the gallery are my 2002 Kimberley Kamper, now with another owner. Bottom three rows of the gallery are the Karavan.

Last edited:

Rumpig

Adventurer
And then there is the Kamper's bigger brother, the Kimberley Karavan; of which there are currently two in the US.
correct you are with the bigger brother...i should have written "offroad camper trailer" when i wrote what i did above to save any confusion. the Karavan is a nice unit, but not suitable for us travelling with 2 kids, we saw quite a few Karavans outback on our last trip away. Kimberley do an even bigger unit then your Karavan these days also called a Kruiser, it's a full sized caravan, though for the price i think i'd look at something like a Bushtracker caravan instead if we were to ever go that way in a purchase.

Timothynaustin

Observer
Here is a couple of pics of my Pod trailer

Hello I have posted pics on this forum but I wanted to share them here also :)

cheers and Merry Xmas from Hobart Tasmania / Australia :wings:

Attachments

• Postme (1).jpg
    Postme (1).jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 165
  • MyHj60&Trailer.JPG
    MyHj60&Trailer.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 162
  • MyPodtrailer.JPG
    MyPodtrailer.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCI1133.jpg