Post Pic's of your Jeep

machine1

Explorer
Greetings!

Been here a while, just coming from a different subforum (Other). I used to do backcountry day trips in my lifted Subaru Forester softroader...

20009892104_c4c52a06fd_b.jpg

But I just picked up a replacement for the Forester last weekend:

21200760961_6cf3d0f505_b.jpg

I call him the Jeepenwagen. Base model Wrangler Unlimited on 29" tires with two options, Automatic transmission and a hardtop. 33" tires and rock sliders will be the first mods before I take it to the local trails for a proper break-in. I'm confident that everything the Subaru could do, this one can do better.

JGregg

Greetings!

Been here a while, just coming from a different subforum (Other). I used to do backcountry day trips in my lifted Subaru Forester softroader...

20009892104_c4c52a06fd_b.jpg

But I just picked up a replacement for the Forester last weekend:

21200760961_6cf3d0f505_b.jpg

I call him the Jeepenwagen. Base model Wrangler Unlimited on 29" tires with two options, Automatic transmission and a hardtop. 33" tires and rock sliders will be the first mods before I take it to the local trails for a proper break-in. I'm confident that everything the Subaru could do, this one can do better.

Welcome to the Jeep world, I think you'll enjoy the upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much OHV tracks there, or were you there strictly to camp?

Not really any OHV tracks. Technically most of the roads there are gravel "County roads". I went there to camp specifically. A few other guys from a local group went also, but spent my first couple days there alone.

Same area, just a different spot over Memorial day weekend.

Last edited:

DailyJeep

Adventurer
Top of Storm Mountain, Roosevelt National Forest outside the Drake/Estes Park area

20150912_154909_zpscyd5ohkd.jpg

Coming down looking towards Longs Peak

20150912_161331_zps119uttb3.jpg

Neuner

Observer
Top of Storm Mountain, Roosevelt National Forest outside the Drake/Estes Park area

Camped somewhere around there back in '00 with my brother on a mountain bike expedition with an XJ very similar to yours. Gorgeous but a hellacious night that we will never forget!!

Neuner

Observer
I used to do backcountry day trips in my lifted Subaru Forester softroader...

I'm confident that everything the Subaru could do, this one can do better.

Had no clue you could get lift kits for Subaru's... Learn something new everyday. Expensive?

machine1

Explorer
Had no clue you could get lift kits for Subaru's... Learn something new everyday. Expensive?

The kit for my later model was $500 for 2" of lift. Older models you can get 4-6" of lift on but requires extensive work approaching $1K. I didn't want to get to the cutting stage of lift kits, so I started over with a Wrangler.

Plus you can't get a low range with an auto (Older manuals had an available low range) and there was not an available rear locker for the stock rear diffs.

Great vehicles for extreme dirt roading, they just don't have the aftermarket that the Wrangler provides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
havanother