Post Pic's of your Jeep

JKU87

Adventurer
2deebd2a13de59b456b29479c29a7b26.jpg

My JKU next to my buddies TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAD

IMG_20150719_133711318_zps4jfd0rbq.jpg

It looks like a bone stock 2012 Wrangler Sport (other than A/C), but it certainly isn't. Built up slowly over an 18 month period, it gets me everywhere I need to go.

4.10 gears and an Eaton ELocker out back.
32.1" Goodyear MT/R tires on another Jeep's stock 17" wheels.
Hi-lift jack mounted (safely) inside the back.
Teraflex front sway bar disconnect.
Rubicon shocks because I destroyed the stock ones in Death Valley (oops).
Cthulhu emblem on the tailgate, all hail.
cthulhu_by_blackdahlia_zpsfurjxqfe.gif

If I had to do it all over again, sure I might've bought a Rubicon. But in the end I still saved several $$$$ and love piloting a vehicle beyond my own driving skills.

trust

Adventurer
been a while

Its been about 400 pages since I posted pics of mine and it doesnt look much different but here it is again anyway camping on a week long trip in SE Utah and two weeks in the Mojave and Death Valley (Soda Dry lake wasnt dry....)DSC_0196.jpgDSC_0224.jpgDSC_0015 (2).jpg

ReconZJ

Observer
awesome to see somebody wheeling a WK2!

Thanks! I've kept up with your awesome Waggy thread; love those things and yours looks really nice. In fact, back in '96 I intended to buy a late model Grand Wagoneer but finally decided that it wouldn't be practical then as my sole vehicle, so I bought my '98 ZJ new.

The ZJ is my primary wheeling vehicle, but the WK2 has been to Moab twice now on up to moderate trails. Mostly, it will serve as a p/t dd, vacation and extended range camping vehicle - with the diesel engine I can go over 600 miles/tank highway, and so far it looks like around 350 - 400 miles off road (mix of low range and high).

kenaero

Observer
Thanks! I've kept up with your awesome Waggy thread; love those things and yours looks really nice. In fact, back in '96 I intended to buy a late model Grand Wagoneer but finally decided that it wouldn't be practical then as my sole vehicle, so I bought my '98 ZJ new.

The ZJ is my primary wheeling vehicle, but the WK2 has been to Moab twice now on up to moderate trails. Mostly, it will serve as a p/t dd, vacation and extended range camping vehicle - with the diesel engine I can go over 600 miles/tank highway, and so far it looks like around 350 - 400 miles off road (mix of low range and high).
Did you pull the lower front fascia for a better approach angle? The brochure gives the angle with it removed, wondering if there is much difference.

ReconZJ

Observer
Did you pull the lower front fascia for a better approach angle? The brochure gives the angle with it removed, wondering if there is much difference.

On the Summit, the lower fascia isn't removable from the factory, like other trim lines. Yes, it makes a big difference in approach angle (or in my case, lack of it). I've now scraped both sides of it, so it evens out. :oops:

And since this is a pic thread, here's a pic from GSW 2014 that shows the difference:

standard.jpg

As an fyi, skid plates, tow hooks and rock rails can't be ordered on a Summit, either. I installed the tow hooks & skids, and have the rails in the garage awaiting installation. At some point, I'll pull the front bumper again and try to modify the lower fascia tabs so it can be removed.

Little Foot

Crawler/Overlander
I just drove a WK2 for the first time at work and they are so nice. For light to medium difficulty off-roading and long camping trips etc I can imagine they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hbadam

first post

Been lurking a while but here is my rig I've been upgrading to fit our family needs

Attachments

• IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5831.JPG
    IMG_5831.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member