Adventurer
Before paint after paint.

006.jpg
021.jpg
022.jpg

ltngaines

Adventurer
Nice!

Any details? Or prep pics? Did a shop do it?
Believe it or not its rolled with a low luster oil and a very tight nap small roller. It turned out great. It looks like a spray job from 1 foot away. I know it sounds crazy, but I was a union painter before I went full time in the fire dept. I will try to get some close up pics. Its a match to the Camel Trophy Sandglow. I had a rust problem on the rear roof by the rear door and I didnt want to use the same paint to go over the body work I did soo I painted it at the Fire house. Its a very strong paint, that will last a long time. And if I get a rub from brush on the trails, I just hit it with the roller. It saved me alot of $. People cant beleave it was done with a roller, thats how good it looks. Great option for older trucks.

brushogger

Explorer
That looks great and is a cool color choice. What brand of paint is it? Do you have the paint code for it, or is it a one off mix?

ltngaines

Adventurer
That looks great and is a cool color choice. What brand of paint is it? Do you have the paint code for it, or is it a one off mix?
Thanks alot. The paint is Benjamin Moore Low Lustre Enamel for metal.
The paint color is "HC-28". I will show you guys how I did it on a new Thread in a few days, its a great low cost way to paint an older truck. It looks awesome even when your close. I used the same material on the lower half only in black.

LtFuzz

Explorer
I've seen many awesome jobs done with rollers.

The prospect of doing it myself scares me to death.

Last edited:

ltngaines

Adventurer
How many coats? Did you wet sand it between coats?

Guess I should just wait for you to do your thread :)
Two coats no wet sanding, I could have, but I wanted just a little stipple to go over it if it gets a messed up on a trail. If you wet sand it would look even better.

dcwhybrew

Adventurer
Here's three from three straight years at BWCA.
2009: Bone stock
P1170494-1.jpg

2010: Lift, tires, and a couple baby Hella's
P1240400.jpg

2011: Bumpers, winch, skids, HD this and that, lights, yada yada yada. Looks like I'm in desperate need of a buff and wax compared to last year. :sombrero:
P1310002.jpg

Good looking truck! Looks better stock in the 2009 picture, but that is just my opinion.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Good looking truck! Looks better stock in the 2009 picture, but that is just my opinion.
Yours is a rather strange opinion in my opinion. Looks better in it's Mommy Soccer Hauler 2009 days with the plastic side steps/street tires????????????????? No way!! Very nice looking Rover in it's 2011 offroad conception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven