Post up pictures of your in-vehicle digs...

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Here is my home sweet home before the RTT:
4-1-074Peaks005.jpg

After this weekend I "hope" to have some pics of my new RTT and the new roomier digs. :1888fbbd:

bigun

Observer
Well here is mine thanks to "outdoordrea" for answering my questions on how he built his platform and "the dude" Brad for sending pictures of different drawer set ups. My build is a bit different for several reasons first I am 6'3" and 340 lbs so my platform needed to be stouter. I am Traveler electrician I go where the money is, once there I need some place to live till I build up funds, and can find a place to stay. Till recently this was a 16 foot TT unfortunately this time I was caught off guard and hadn't saved enough to haul the trailer, so it is back to the drawing board a member of the IFSJA.org sent me this URL and the rest as they say is history! So on with the build at first I had lofty plans bed in the middle shelves down the sides I even picked up a piece of paneling to make it look purty then I realized I am not that good a carpenter, I settled for building the platform to one side just large enough to put my twin size futon on it leaving a decent size space to store stuff. Eventually I'll run power back to a deep cycle battery and hook up my 1500 watt inverter, but for now I'll just use the 400 watt to charge cell phones and lap top battery's. I don't have pics of it fully loaded yet I am leaving tomorrow to head up to Grand Junction Co, then probably on to Salt Lake since it looks like work is picking up there. Platform is made out of 2X12s with a 3/4 inch plywood deck 2 shelves seen in the pictures were made out of the scrapes total material used was 3 - 2"X12"X8', 2"X2"X8' and one sheet of 3/4 plywood. For those of you running pick ups with camper shells to make it harder to break in bolt a bolt hasp to your tail gate next to the bed, before you shut the camper shove the bolt all the way out so that it is catching the bed it won't stop them from breaking in but it will slow them down!
So on with the pics first one is the bare platform showing the cut out around the fender well
sleeping_platform_002_%28Small%29.jpg

The second the platform with Futon and two shelves you can just see the power outlet that runs back to the battery

sleeping_platform_006_%28Small%29.jpg

Last edited:

motomech

Adventurer
Full size air mattress and plenty of room to spare at your feet for stuff.
If i was to fold down and push forward the front bench seat i can get about 10 or so feet to sleep in:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz