Post your Jeep Camping Pictures!

METT-TC

Nice bump.

Near Cedar Breaks National Monument / Brian Head Ski Area, Utah this past August. How to escape Vegas heat? Camp at 10,000 ft MSL.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
At the AAV AR-15 back in October
http://americanadventurist.com/foru...ian-rendezvous-report-by-dirt-road-trip.3203/
http://americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/2016-american-adventurist-event-schedule.3364/unread

AR15%20034_zpsxnvj711e.jpg

bry71518

VERY interested in the IN-JEEP Sleeping concept. I'm headed to MOAB for the 50th and not thrilled with the idea of towing my pop-up through the mountains in March, not to mention the gas milage. I'm planning to utilize a blowup mattress - it'll be just me in the back of a 2010 Rubicon JKU, and I acquired a Liberty ground tent over the summer that has a pass-through to the back of the Jeep. I thought there may be a IN-JEEP Camping thread... but couldn't find one?

Thanks in advance for your in-Jeep setups!

Bryan

Last edited:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Sleeping in a JK or JKU?

Hi Bryan,

Can't help with a JK. I have a JKU, and built an aluminum raised platform after removing the rear seats. This provides room to stuff gear and supplies under the floor, and sleeping/dog room on top.
The big arsed fridge limits it to the dog & I though. A smaller fridge would allow hinging a panel above it, so the whole back of the Jeep would be flat. That would make a decent bed for two.

Pic #1 is the platform
Pic #2 and #3 are camping up in Plumas National Forest a couple of weeks before the first snow of the year, and then right after the first snow.
Pic 2 shows rocks under rear tires to level out the Jeep. Worked great.
Picture 4 & 5 is all the gear and supplies loaded up.

Attachments

• Campsite-15-Sunday-Morning.jpg
    Campsite-15-Sunday-Morning.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Rock-levelers.jpg
    Rock-levelers.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 60
  • Water-jug-mounted.jpg
    Water-jug-mounted.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Camp-gear-stowed.jpg
    Camp-gear-stowed.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Side-load.jpg
    Side-load.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 54

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
10592887_10202282820383173_5609436560315400869_n.jpg
Kind of a throwback (August, 2014), but here's the Jeep and the tow rig about 10 minutes from the Rio Grande Reservoir near Creede, CO. Pitched our tents just behind the vehicles shown.10659216_10202282814903036_4675628446636606871_n.jpg10429329_10202282815023039_4447978183922809493_n.jpg

bry71518

WOW Excellent photos! Thank you!

Thoughts on heating during the cooler months?

Hi Bryan,

Can't help with a JK. I have a JKU, and built an aluminum raised platform after removing the rear seats. This provides room to stuff gear and supplies under the floor, and sleeping/dog room on top.
The big arsed fridge limits it to the dog & I though. A smaller fridge would allow hinging a panel above it, so the whole back of the Jeep would be flat. That would make a decent bed for two.

Pic #1 is the platform
Pic #2 and #3 are camping up in Plumas National Forest a couple of weeks before the first snow of the year, and then right after the first snow.
Pic 2 shows rocks under rear tires to level out the Jeep. Worked great.
Picture 4 & 5 is all the gear and supplies loaded up.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
WOW Excellent photos! Thank you!

Thoughts on heating during the cooler months?

Dog makes a great heater... lol

It dropped to the mid 20*F on the snow trip. Had the soft top on, and the windows open just a crack. Was a lot like sleeping in a good tent. I think the top absorbed a lot of the breathing moisture.
I used a twin size air mattress with my head up by the driver's seat, so he was right next to my legs under a poncho liner, sharing the air mattress. We both slept great.
The Autostart was great for getting up in the morning. :)
My buddy had his dog with him (the Husky in the picture), and they slept in the back of his WJ. He said they slept great as well.

Moral of the story... a good dog warms more than just our hearts. :elkgrin:

Lynnrb

Observer
1960 Willys wagon in Cabeza Prieta NWR

Attachments

• willys 135.jpg
    willys 135.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 61
  • willys 138.jpg
    willys 138.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 56
  • willys 152.jpg
    willys 152.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 59
  • willys 010.jpg
    willys 010.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 54

Anak

Stranger
Great thread and thanks for bumping it.

I love looking at pics. Even if I can't go absolutely everywhere and do absolutely everything I can at least dream about it.

I just got the XJ up to snuff so we could start camping with it this year.

First trip out: Serrano Campground, San Bernardino National Forest:

CampingInTheXJ1OPT.jpg

Second trip out, Adopt-A-Trail, SBNF:

CampingInTheXJ2OPT.jpg

Third trip out, Adopt-A-Trail, SBNF:

CampingInTheXJ3OPT.jpg

Fourth trip out, somewhere in the desert near Salome, AZ:

CampingInTheXJ4OPT.jpg

Fourth trip out, somewhere in Tonto National Forest at way too much elevation. Liked to froze my tail off that night. Someone's thermometer said 22 degrees. The 40 degree bag was not up to the task.

CampingInTheXJ5OPT.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal