Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

cnutco

Adventurer
umasume7.jpg

Instagram iPhone pic, but it was a nice break from work today! Chillin at the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Didn't take too many pictures this trip...quick weekend jaunt to Panamint Valley, South Park/Pleasant Cyn loop. Hardly any snow...it's been unusually warm for this time of year. Ballarat reached 72 during the day, and overnight at Briggs and at Clair camp, I don't think it got colder than the high 30's (@ 4,400 feet). Slept in the truck comfortably.

20131228_143507.jpg

20131228_143552.jpg

20131229_090618.jpg

20131228_135355.jpg

Last edited:

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
My last time to Ballarat was before your Montero was made. Doesn't look like times have changed there. Your company looks more friendly than my classmates were. :ylsmoke:

Last edited:

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
More time will pass before I'm there again, if ever. Distance and my 'company' being the two things adverse. No flushing toilets, you know. In the days before kids, we were a different variety of travelers, and this place was checked off the list. :smiley_drive:

nckwltn

Explorer
Didn't take too many pictures this trip...quick weekend jaunt to Panamint Valley, South Park/Pleasant Cyn loop. Hardly any snow...it's been unusually warm for this time of year. Ballarat reached 72 during the day, and overnight at Briggs and at Clair camp, I don't think it got colder than the high 30's (@ 4,400 feet). Slept in the truck comfortably.

How did the spare tire/cargo rack perform?

SoCalMonty

Explorer
How did the spare tire/cargo rack perform?

It was just fine, no problems. I carried some firewood (2 grocery store bundles and then about 10 4x4x18" doug fir construction cutoffs), the rucksack for trash, and a 2.5g water jug out back. Not sure of the total weight, but I'd guesstimate around 85 lbs. As long as I keep the weight at about that point, I don't think it's gonna give me any issues. I'll experiment with the next few trips; obviously whatever is out there gets really dusty, so I might play with different containers/duffles/etc to keep whatever is back there clean (if need be). It is nice having the extra room in the cab. Since I sleep in the cab, I also figured I could leave the rack near-empty and then load things on it overnight to keep things off the ground while I sleep (bugs, animals, mud, etc). Normally I set a few things on the hood and roof when I set up my bed.

I have the spare and 2x 5gal NATO cans on the roof...no rack, just crossbars and some 1 1/2" 14ga punched angled steel in between the crossbars. That setup took a real beating in the narrow brush through Pleasant Canyon, but it all held fast. I went slow and watched it through the moonroof to make sure. lol.

Last edited:

MARKSMONTE

EXPLORER
My wife and I spent a beatiful day going up old La bajada hill out side of Santa Fe. It started out nice but deteriorated quickly.
20140102_095848.jpg20140102_100226.jpg20140102_100608.jpg
The hill side is coved in petroglyphs.
20140102_101305.jpg
20140102_103534.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Had fun playing on the west end of Mojave Trail today, between Afton Canyon and Soda Lake. Used the sand dunes as a great place for my son to practice driving. Soda Lake was pretty dry today too

IMG_6807-X3.jpg

IMG_6845-X3.jpg

New iOS7 wallpaper :)
IMG_6851-X3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk