Post Your Montero SPORT Pics!

J.McGowan

kind of a crappy shot, but this was my son's 1st camping trip (he was almost 3 months old, so nobody was taking pictures of anything except the baby). This was November, and we were car camping at Patagonia Lake S.P.

PS- that's my parents in the shot, not me.

Attachments

• DSC_0454.jpg
    DSC_0454.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 75

yzfgsx

Observer
Holy crap, you tow that much with your monty? I tow a 1000lb trailer and my 2002 struggles... maybe it's the elevation, I notice it most in the mountains.

I' m amazed how good my MS tows after i put on the OME heavy springs.

Here's a tech question, how do I know if mine has a limited slip?

The 2002 XLS and limited came with LSD. I think it was an option on all other models, so you probably don't have it.

J.McGowan

Maybe the P.O. got it as an option, I climbed a steep, loose hill the other day and I swear I'd hear one tire slip, the the other, then the 1st one again back and forth up the whole thing. I'm just wondering how to tell, is it a VIN code or something?

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Maybe the P.O. got it as an option, I climbed a steep, loose hill the other day and I swear I'd hear one tire slip, the the other, then the 1st one again back and forth up the whole thing. I'm just wondering how to tell, is it a VIN code or something?

You can check for a sticker or plate on the diff indicating an LSD or need to use LSD additive.

Alternatively you can block front tires off and put your transmission in neutral. Do not engage parking brake. Lift rear end from pumpkin using a Jack. Turn tire on one side. If other side turns in same direction you have an LSD. If in opposite direction you likely have an open diff or (possibly but rarely) a bad LSD that's not engaging.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Holy crap, you tow that much with your monty? I tow a 1000lb trailer and my 2002 struggles... maybe it's the elevation, I notice it most in the mountains.

I gotta look around for some current pics of mine, it's a 2WD 2002 sport, basically bone stock except for a roof basket. It gets the job done in the southwest, since we never have snow, and rarely see mud.

Here's a tech question, how do I know if mine has a limited slip?

you probably have the 3.0...the 3.5l is much better suited for towing

yzfgsx

Observer
These came in the mail today. Hope to have them installed on my MS this weekend

IMG_0694.jpg

shmabs

Explorer
ARB!

Congrats!!! I'm very happy with the ARB in the back of my sport. Do you already have carrier bearings and ring gear bolts? When i installed mine both of those were tough to come by.

Mike

yzfgsx

Observer
Thanks, i have been wanting to get these for two years now. I was going to just go with the rear, but i got a great deal and got the front too.

I already have carrier bearings, i have to look into ring gear bolts.

Challenged

My Challenger

Hi guys, greeting from Sydney, Australia
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my 2005 Challenger,
Its a 3.0 liter on LPG, TJM front bull bar, HID driving lights,
Auto diff locker from 4wd systems up front and factory LSD in the rear.
Great rig and very capable off road
View attachment 95241
DSC_8245.jpg

Engineer Guy

I had the '84 4 Banger 2 Door and the '90 3.0 Liter 2 Door prior to my current 2000 3.5 Liter 4 Door.

I put on 'Air Bag' Shocks, and level out the Shocks at ~ 30 PSI after I hook up my Trailer. With >200k miles on my current Rig, I tow this older 15' Trailer no problem. Yah, a little slow up Vail Pass at 10,600' on Colorado I-70, but no complaints. I let the Tranny do the work up and down grades. This pic is in Utah after a taxing drive North from Fruita CO. I plan to run my current Mitsi 'til it drops. Without my Trailer, I've had my Rig out in some 'interesting' situations, but nothing like lots of folks here.

Sheep Creek Campground - Play-Mor TT.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach