post your Suburban pics

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
People say that, but it isn't factual. They did. This is my second one to have it. I have own 4 K1500's that did not have it. It is a very clear difference. You can run the VIN at the dealer, and it will show on the options list.

I have a buddy with a 97 pickup that has it, and a buddy with an 02 that has it. I have spoken with other people who's trucks had them as well. Not common at all, but they did have them.

Any time that I post that it has it, at least one person has to tell me I am wrong.

Nice looking Burbs cttandy! I must say, I agree with HARDTRAILZ. I worked at GM in Detroit during the GMT400 and GMT800 production years and guarantee you we did not build anything with G80’s in steer axles. Post up your VIN, I can run a GM VISS on your VIN’s RPO codes right now. I would love to see the first front factory G80

cttandy

Observer
Nice looking Burbs cttandy! I must say, I agree with HARDTRAILZ. I worked at GM in Detroit during the GMT400 and GMT800 production years and guarantee you we did not build anything with G80's in steer axles. Post up your VIN, I can run a GM VISS on your VIN's RPO codes right now. I would love to see the first front factory G80

I'd rather not post my VIN in a public forum thank you. I assure you I have nothing to prove to you. If you wish to believe that way, please continue to do so. It is always a fun little surprise when your talking to someone at the dealership.

I am not going to sit an argue this fact, believe it or don't believe it. Makes me little difference either way.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I'd rather not post my VIN in a public forum thank you. I assure you I have nothing to prove to you. If you wish to believe that way, please continue to do so. It is always a fun little surprise when your talking to someone at the dealership.

I am not going to sit an argue this fact, believe it or don't believe it. Makes me little difference either way.

No problem. You could always PM the VIN to me. Inquiring minds want to know the facts when someone comes in with a claim such as a factory front G80. None of us here respond well to claims that are not factual. I could pull up old order guides from the late 90’s up through today and can assure you there are no steer axle G80’s, lockers or any other type of limited slip, not even as a SEO for the border patrol, military, etc (SEO’s are Special Equipment Options that are above and beyond normal free flow options. SEO’s are typically only available on special orders for fleets, municipalities, etc). None of them could get a front traction devise but you have gotten 2 of them? Hmmm

The reason why there was never a G80, locker or any other limited slip in the front is because steer axle limited slip and locking differentials are a safety liability for auto manufactures as steering and vehicle control can greatly be affected by front traction devices. That is the same reason Chrysler has the front axle lockers on the Rubicon and Power Wagon selectable only in 4LO. No auto manufacturer is going to take on the liability of somebody losing control of steering when the masses do not know to control a vehicle with a front traction devise.

Just think of how cool it would be for you to be able to provide a VIN and prove to the world you have a front G80 and we are all wrong? Again, I would be glad to pull the RPO’s for you to do just that. We all learn something new every day and maybe you have a unicorn after all.
dunno.gif

TrebleHook

TrebleHook
My 99 2500....

Bought it in Colorado in February. 1999 2500 Suburban. 139,000 miles. 7.4L Gasser. Put new tires and durmax alloys on it. Full tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, cleaned throttle body), Replaced the heater/ac controls. Absolutely zero rust on body, frame, or anywhere. Paint is fantastic.

Already drove it from Colorado to Virginia without a hiccup.

Absolutely love it. Hauls the family and the 79 CJ if need be! It's first cross-country adventure (Virginia to San Diego) will be next summer...more to come!

Cheers,
TrebleHook

Attachments

• Suburban1.jpg
    Suburban1.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Suburban2.jpg
    Suburban2.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 128

Kaisen

Explorer
My recently retired 94 K1500 W/T - Tilt, cruise, am/fm radio, a/c, rear heat, 7600LB pay load option ONLY options

Do you mean 7,600LB Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)? Because no factory half ton truck -- ever -- has had a 7,600 pound payload rating. Ever.

Currently getting my 99 K1500 Z71 Setup for work duty. Was my wife's. MAXED, has every option including G80 in the front chunk.

Ah, no. GM never produced a RPO locking front end in 99 Suburban. Definitively. Absolutely. Never.

Nor did a '1992-1999 Suburban ever have a factory Z71 package (or any option with RPO Z71)

I'm glad you like your Suburbans, and I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Just trying to squelch misinformation for other readers.

cttandy

Observer
Do you mean 7,600LB Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)? Because no factory half ton truck -- ever -- has had a 7,600 pound payload rating. Ever.

Looks like you are correct there, I pulled the pictures I took of the window sticker. It is no longer registered to me so I don't mind showing the VIN on it. Well, technically it is, but not where I am living now. State of Tn will release owner information for a VIN but not for a TAG after a rash of rapes.

That truck was purchased in Louisville, KY and used to haul boats to Florida. When I removed the chrome bumpers the fuel tank was cover in sand and sea-weed. Anytime you removed something there was sand behind it. Completely rust free body until my mechanic left it parked with the back end in the woods.

Ah, no. GM never produced a RPO locking front end in 99 Suburban. Definitively. Absolutely. Never.

Nor did a '1992-1999 Suburban ever have a factory Z71 package (or any option with RPO Z71)

I'm glad you like your Suburbans, and I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Just trying to squelch misinformation for other readers.

You are correct. I just verified the Z71. I asked my wife to look when I bought it, and she said yes. Upon looking, it says ZY1. Guess that's human error. It does however have all the Z71 options (Locking diff, 3.73, full skid plates including gas tank, and bilstien HD shocks.) Did the suburbans get a separate designation maybe for the off-road package?

Definitely missed the mark on these.

Last edited:

93burban

Observer
My old girl

DSCF8935.jpg

This was taken on our trip to South Dakota this past summer. This is up on Sheep Table Mountain in the Badlands National Park. We had a blast, and did not get stuck even though this mud (aka glue) stuck to everything..

bettingsumo

Bought it in Colorado in February. 1999 2500 Suburban. 139,000 miles. 7.4L Gasser. Put new tires and durmax alloys on it.

TrebleHook: Great Suburban! I love the wheels/tires. I have a 1999 K2500 Suburban 7.4L that I would like to do the same to. Can I ask what tires you have on there? Are those the 16" duramax wheels?

TrebleHook

TrebleHook
TrebleHook: Great Suburban! I love the wheels/tires. I have a 1999 K2500 Suburban 7.4L that I would like to do the same to. Can I ask what tires you have on there? Are those the 16" duramax wheels?

Thanks! They are Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor LT265/75R16/E - I love them.

Bennettbf

Observer
This was taken on our trip to South Dakota this past summer. This is up on Sheep Table Mountain in the Badlands National Park. We had a blast, and did not get stuck even though this mud (aka glue) stuck to everything..

The locals call it Gumbo. Which is confusing. I thought it was more like Jambalaya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal