post your Suburban pics

Renntag

Adventurer
Nice! (Nothing like being out on the water).
I have a bunch of barrels I use for filtering WVO for fuel.

Erik N

Adventurer
Not sure if I posted these before. The river shot was before the new rear leaf springs, you can see her sagging a bit.

Attachments

• DSCN0241.JPG
    DSCN0241.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3522.JPG
    IMG_3522.JPG
    856.4 KB · Views: 88

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
A couple updated picture of my Burb. Changed the tires and wheels the other day. I really like this tire and wheel combo on it! Stole them off my K10 for a while.

14598098621_9e33793f7c_c.jpg

14621447623_31baee3afe_c.jpg

Renntag

Adventurer
Larry, burb looks great. Mine is also white and i am planning tinted glass. What percentage did you go with?

Also, what flares did you use? I am considering the cut-to-install version to increase wheel opening size. Really makes a great visual impact.

Any plans for bumpers in the future?

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Larry, burb looks great. Mine is also white and i am planning tinted glass. What percentage did you go with?

Also, what flares did you use? I am considering the cut-to-install version to increase wheel opening size. Really makes a great visual impact.

Any plans for bumpers in the future?

Thanks! Not sure on the percentage of the tint. I just asked the tint shop to match the OEM tint on the rear windows. Whatever percent it is I’m sure is actually illegal here. I’ve rolled down the windows a time or two when pulling up next to the poepoe to hide them.

The flares are WARN 4xflares. Cutouts? Dude, don’t be that guy that cuts up a perfectly good truck for the sake of installing flares. They don’t make trucks like they used to. No need to hack up the remaining ones on the road. Go with Xenon or WARN flares which will give you a visual impact without being a hack.

Yeah, my buddy Coloradobill and I are going to make a rear bumper for it sometime soon, as I backed into something a few weeks ago and buggered up the step bumper. I got it bent back so it looks decent but it still bothers me. I also have a period correct front winch bumper to put on it when I get some time to paint it and get it bolted on.

Renntag

Adventurer
I have looked at many flare options and have not seen WARN 4x flares. The reason i liked the cut flares is to eliminate tire bite to i can run a larger tire (axle clearance) and not have extra lift to keep the tires from eating the fenders.
I think the factory deep tint is 30-40%. Maybe someone can chime in.

I am planning to either fab the bumpers that suit my needs or find some thing really close. In the rear i am thinking about a narrow ladder from the corner of the bumper (acting as a tail lense gaurd) to the roof rack.

Last edited:

colierar

Observer
Most factory Chevy tint is 20% on the rear windows. My state is 35% for legal. So I do like Larry does and just match the front to the back and roll the dice to see if I get pulled over for something as little as tinted windows. Shoot I have friends with the windshield tinted 35%.

johnson4x4

Observer
I like those storage areas in thew doors. Could you post a close up? Mine doesn't have those.

Sorry, no close ups at the time and I'm out of town for a little while. But it looked like the PO just hacked off some of the supports out of the door frame and laid the carpet back into the opening. Its very convenient, but I will have to go in sometime and clean up his work. Im sure if you pulled your door panels off that you would see the big openings. I just use it to store a first aid kit, duct tape, tow strap, gloves, and anyhting else I might need quick access too. And I cant imagine it would hurt the structural integrity of the door too much????

Renntag

Adventurer
Most factory Chevy tint is 20% on the rear windows. My state is 35% for legal. So I do like Larry does and just match the front to the back and roll the dice to see if I get pulled over for something as little as tinted windows. Shoot I have friends with the windshield tinted 35%.
35% is what we have to deal with too.
I have had darker than legal tint before and never was harrassed by police. Then again I wasn't ever doing anything else stupid enough to get pulled over.

35% on the windscreen? Damn. What about night driving?

colierar

Observer
35% is what we have to deal with too.
I have had darker than legal tint before and never was harrassed by police. Then again I wasn't ever doing anything else stupid enough to get pulled over.

35% on the windscreen? Damn. What about night driving?

35% on the windshield is sometimes nice because it cuts on the glare of oncoming headlights at night...but it also makes the car or truck to dark in my opinion. You pretty much have to roll the side widows down if you're at a stop sign and going to pull into traffic. He was just trying to look cool I think.. :)

Renntag

Adventurer
To look cool, one might consider sitting in the shade with ice packs on the neck and with palm frond fans operated by beautiful women. Other guys might observe and say "That guy looks cool". :victory:

colierar

Observer
To look cool, one might consider sitting in the shade with ice packs on the neck and with palm frond fans operated by beautiful women. Other guys might observe and say "That guy looks cool". :victory:

That's looking cool and being cool all at once. I'll take that any day over a tinted windshield!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven