post your Suburban pics

legendaryandrew

Adventurer
Ah good point, I forgot that mine was a 3/4 ton, and thus had the leaf springs instead of coils. I'm not sure airbags are the right choice though, even fully loaded, I get almost no sag. It's the side to side sway of the axle that I need to control.

11MPG

Ah good point, I forgot that mine was a 3/4 ton, and thus had the leaf springs instead of coils. I'm not sure airbags are the right choice though, even fully loaded, I get almost no sag. It's the side to side sway of the axle that I need to control.

3/4 ton is a different animal. The 1/2 tons need bags with anything but you're set. If you good get a bracked built off the side of the drivers side shackle you could have a bar go to a welded bracket on the frame. End of the day look into a set of lift springs for a 2500 in your model year, non-HD. Those would be a direct fit and solve the problem a lot more easily. The 3.5 block lifts flex the stock leafs badly.

legendaryandrew

Adventurer
I suppose in the theme of the thread, I should actually post a pic of my 'burb. This was taken half way through the 'scenic' cruise at the NWOR (NW Overland Rally) a couple weekends ago.

Also, 11mpg, do you happen to know who makes a spring for the 3/4 GMT800 Suburban? I called Cognito and ORD, neither knew of anyone.

x00qyx.png

11MPG

I suppose in the theme of the thread, I should actually post a pic of my 'burb. This was taken half way through the 'scenic' cruise at the NWOR (NW Overland Rally) a couple weekends ago.

Also, 11mpg, do you happen to know who makes a spring for the 3/4 GMT800 Suburban? I called Cognito and ORD, neither knew of anyone.

Nice rig. Tuff country makes an Add-a-leaf for em. I had their kit for my old 96 K1500 and liked it. It stiffens it a hair but it's not too much. Overall give you 2-2.5 inches of lift depending on how worn your spring pack is. You'd probably want to add just a 1 inch block under it. The combination of a bigger spring pack and a getting off a 3.5 inch block will help with the sway under weight.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Country-81250-Rear-Add-a-Leaf/dp/B00192LGZQ

http://www.amazon.com/ReadyLift-66-...e=UTF8&qid=1436310795&sr=8-1&keywords=66-3051

dieselfuel

Adventurer
These interior pics are nice and all but I'd really be interested in seeing how some of you mod the interior of your 'Burbs. After all, you've got a huge amount of space, I'd like to see how you make the most of it: Sleeping arrangements, seating, etc.

I'll have something to show you after this weekend, I'm starting my platform build Saturday.

SouthTXplorer

Observer
thanks for the input Martin and Rayra, dont worry yall didnt scare me off, just been hella busy at work trying to pay off the tires and leveling kit and saving up for a new pistol.
Oh and yall are right! My brothers back when out today so i converted the burb to a make shift ambulance, it got the job done but it became painfully apparent...
theres no ********** way im gonna be able to write on a table while sitting comfortably. Fortunately, the guys ive run into at work all seem to have a similar set up for their pick-ups, utilize the drivers seat comfort (although the rear captains chairs are plenty nice in my suburban ;) ,
and create a workstation/writing surface from the console and keep your files on passenger seat. However, I think I can do better so its back to the drawing board as they say,
thanks again for the advice and Ill be back on here after i design something that might actually fit the vehicle haha

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
They make a flat board that wouldn't be too hard to duplicate yourself. Get a flat piece of acrylic or wood measure the distance between a low 10 and 2 on the wheel cut slot just a tad larger width of the wheel. Slide it over the wheel and presto desk top.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Oh you have to adjust outer dimensions of the board to you personal preference. It would be small for me.lol too much belly.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Sj4clhanna

2006 Suburban base model 4X4

:snorkel:When I started looking for an affordable 4X4, I needed the room to accommodate the crew that goes to the beach, the river, and the neighborhood pool! I found a metallic gold unicorn!

I never knew how hard they were to come by!

We will be adding a rooftop tent, and possibly a trailer or expedition trailer for gear. We are using it right now to enjoy our summer!

Attachments

• dirty steve at home.jpg
    dirty steve at home.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 81
  • dirty steve crew.jpg
    dirty steve crew.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 84

SouthTXplorer

Observer
those do have the least amount of moving parts k9lestat, but Im not keen on working on top of my steering wheel for fear of the airbag, plus I may have to move my truck to let others get around... great advice though, simple saves time and money

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
I've been a Leo for since 97 never saw it just deploy without someone actually playing with unit unless it was a secondary after a crash. But if you build correctly all the pressure well be on the hand grip part of the wheel.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SouthTXplorer

Observer
Thank you for your service! That does make me feel better, although I've been looking pretty hard at designing something more towards the back captains chairs, Ive been looking at ergo solutions (dont know the rules about posting links or brand names so I apologize if that's not allowed). Some cool looking setups and the added benefit of less glare from the windshield... again, just brainstorming instead of buying something that probably wont fit and/or last.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Thank you for your service! That does make me feel better, although I've been looking pretty hard at designing something more towards the back captains chairs, Ive been looking at ergo solutions (dont know the rules about posting links or brand names so I apologize if that's not allowed). Some cool looking setups and the added benefit of less glare from the windshield... again, just brainstorming instead of buying something that probably wont fit and/or last.
SouthTX: Wondering if you saw this thread:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...op-grafted-into-it-also-dual-360-swivel-seats
Not so much for the Westfalia pop up top (though that is cool!) but the swivel passenger seat. I think that may be your solution to your "mobile office." Swivel the passenger seat 180 degrees to the back and put your desk there. No danger from an airbag and you can sit upright and work.

SouthTXplorer

Observer
No Martin I did not, very cool!! Unfortunately im wondering how to do it without taking the center console out ( I just had a 4000W inverter installed in it yesterday ) so still going for the rear driver side captains chair and folding down the passenger to put a desk type set up.. Thanks again. I will post a link to my build thread once the ball gets rolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven