Post your tents

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Big Agnes Flying Diamond 6 4 season 6 man tent. This thing is awesome, the back/small room fits a queen size air mattress perfectly while the front/larger room is tall enough for me to nearly stand up (I'm 6') and has plenty of room for a table + camp chairs + gear. Then there's a massive vestibule on the front that also converts to an awning with two trek poles. Highly recommend!
DSC_0260.jpg

Boz

Observer
Here's a pic of our RTT from a trip to the Ozarks a couple weeks ago

We primarily use hammock tents whenever possible. These pics were taken on a campout about a month or so ago. High temps were in the 20's and we were toasty warm. :)

EE94356F-48BE-4B8F-93FA-BC840D03DC45-378-0000001EF0AABD4C.jpg

What kind of hammock tent is that?

Jevy

Adventurer
What kind of hammock tent is that?

A warbonett blackbird 1.7 double layer hammock. The tarp is a warbonnett superfly and was rigged with closed doors due to low temps and high wind. I have several different hammocks but I always come back to the 1.7 blackbird. I have a new warbonnett xlc on order. I can't wait to try it out.

nuclearmonkey

Observer
A warbonett blackbird 1.7 double layer hammock. The tarp is a warbonnett superfly and was rigged with closed doors due to low temps and high wind. I have several different hammocks but I always come back to the 1.7 blackbird. I have a new warbonnett xlc on order. I can't wait to try it out.

Did you use an under quilt with temps that low? I am really interested in picking up a couple of hammocks for me and the wifey. Been on War Bonnet's site many times.

Jevy

Adventurer
NM......I am what I would call a "cold sleeper". My wife can have a sheet and I'll have two or three blankets on me. I almost always use an under quilt but we have several different weights for diff temperatures. During the summer when lows only get down to the low 80's I still use an UQ but it's a 50* setup and I hang the UQ to be vented so it does help keep some warmth but not 100%. Clear as mud huh. :)

If you are wanting to look into hammocks you should sign up at hammock forums.net and watch their trip section. They have get togethers called "Hangs" when people show off their different set ups and answer all kinds of questions and tips. I've been to several over the years and I really enjoy meeting up with other hammockers. By attending them you get to try out lots of different rigs and get a better idea of what you want. Me personally I drink the Warbonnett coolaid pretty bad and we have several WB hammocks. Hammocks are like expo vehicles they can be as simple or complicated as you choose. The new "big" thing is alot of folks going to an 11' hammock. I have an XLC on order but I'm probably still 3-4 weeks until it ships. There is another company named Butts in a Sling that are made locally in TN and they also have a big following. Their hammocks are more of a basic gathered end hammock but they make a very nice hammock for very little $$$$. I have an XL on order and am suppose to get it this weekend at a campout.

Any questions send me a pm. I can talk all day about hammocks. They're alot of fun. If I didn't discover hammock's I doubt I would still be camping(especially considering that I had emergency back surgery last year).

Did you use an under quilt with temps that low? I am really interested in picking up a couple of hammocks for me and the wifey. Been on War Bonnet's site many times.

Boz

Observer

khronus79

Adventurer
Do you have pictures of it with all you gear in it???? I'm buying one soon and I'm debating between the Flying Diamond 6 and the FD 8

Big Agnes Flying Diamond 6 4 season 6 man tent. This thing is awesome, the back/small room fits a queen size air mattress perfectly while the front/larger room is tall enough for me to nearly stand up (I'm 6') and has plenty of room for a table + camp chairs + gear. Then there's a massive vestibule on the front that also converts to an awning with two trek poles. Highly recommend!
DSC_0260.jpg

DGarman

What could go wrong?
David Ellis Canvas Products

I just received my new 8' X 8' Range Tent from David Ellis in Durango, CO. My 10' X 10' Range Tent from him (that I've used for 8 years) was too much room for just me and my dog. The new tent has a removeable awning over the front door, a screen door in the front, and a screened window in the back. David builds tents that will last a lifetime, even if you abuse them :)

http://www.cowboycamp.net/

2013-05-24_13-37-39_746.jpg

The Range Tent has been around for 100 years or so, and is the best style of tent that I've found for dealing with wind, snow, and rain.

I made a point to drive to Durango on my way to Expo last week just to meet David Ellis. I've talked to him on the phone each time I've bought something from him, but it was pretty cool to finally meet him in person. He makes the best canvas tents in the world!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal