A couple from last year..

Taylor Park, CO
1610748_10203089924063461_1909560303233957480_n.jpg

10450588_10203089926503522_7792391668925705441_n.jpg

Alpine Loop, CO
1559744_10203089886462521_3549531447367428842_n.jpg

huskyfargo

Adventurer
I've had so many different setups, and sold many of them, only to realize my simplest setup was my favorite. So, I sold my trailer and set up my LR3 to carry everything I need, including the Labrador herd, and my air conditioned Turbo Tent.
It's tough to cut a big hole in a brand new tent, but I'm glad I did.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439587757.095439.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Here it is on the truck. Very high and really a pain to set up and fold up. We had to bring along a ladder to make it happen.

IMG_0360[1].jpg
IMG_0361[1].jpg

We moved it to the top of the trailer. Mutch more useful and very quick to deploy and fold up.
On several occasions in foul weather and late in the day it was great to just pull into an area, unfold the tent toss in sleeping bags and hit the sack.

IMG_0954[1].jpg
IMG_0675[1].jpg

toymaster

Explorer
I've had so many different setups, and sold many of them, only to realize my simplest setup was my favorite. So, I sold my trailer and set up my LR3 to carry everything I need, including the Labrador herd, and my air conditioned Turbo Tent.
It's tough to cut a big hole in a brand new tent, but I'm glad I did.

View attachment 299419

Being born and raised in the South land I can say tent camping in the summer is not very fun. We always went fall or winter. So does the AC make it glamping??

huskyfargo

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm from AR, so I hear ya. I hate going to bed all sweaty, and never being able to cool down at night. I left it running in full sun, 97 out, and it was probably 20 cooler inside. It created a pretty decent breeze too. Now it will probably be below 0 next time I have a chance to camp.

Maxcustody

Explorer
Here is mine from this past weekend at the Mid-Atlantic overland rally....James Baroud and Oz Tent
ada1ea00f3b75d97d0fe2c59c75ab5b1.jpg
854c05ed3fcfd899ebb157c44f44350a.jpg

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

Maxcustody

Explorer
That's a nice set up and tent combo. Does the OZ tent stow in the trailer?
Thanks, I put the Oz tent on top of the trailer lid under the tent. It will fit in the trailer at an angle but takes up a lot of room.

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

keenz

Well this is my first picture of my tent setup.
It's no tepui or arb but you know what, It did the job.

I'd plug the site I'm not sure if its allowed though.

Only complaint,
It poured. Tent was a bit damp the last morning. Actually rather damp. What are you guys using for waterproofing? Canvas sealer?

I like it though.

Glad I bought one.

I lookedd in to it for a year.. was going to buy one in the winter back when the Canadian dollar was worth something.. then it crashed and the tepui was just not a logical purchase.

Fyi,
First time setting up the annex.
Second setup was proper it was a lot tighter on the walls.
Still extremely sloppy for wind though.

Attachments

• IMG_2531.jpg
    IMG_2531.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Welcome aboard keenz, lots of us with RTTs in AB.
And lots of us with purchases on hold due to the $.
I run an ARB Simpson 3 + annex on a Jeep JKU, I went trough a major downpour in Slave Lake last year not a drop inside. I'm no help on weatherproofing still on factory coating.
Where is that picture taken?

keenz

Welcome aboard keenz, lots of us with RTTs in AB.
And lots of us with purchases on hold due to the $.
I run an ARB Simpson 3 + annex on a Jeep JKU, I went trough a major downpour in Slave Lake last year not a drop inside. I'm no help on weatherproofing still on factory coating.
Where is that picture taken?

I've seen my share in Edmonton actually this summer and last I try and chat folks up that have them. Every person I spoke with loved their tent.

That photo is in crescent falls camp ground 15km west of Nordegg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven