Post your tents

Mitch502

Explorer
Might not be as pretty as a expensive or as fancy as a "OTC" RTT, but here is my attempt at a home-made one. Total costs border around $300. I could probably do it for less now that I have built one and know exactly what I'd need...

EDIT: I call it FRANKINTENT

crusaderJK

Adventurer
Might not be as pretty as a expensive or as fancy as a "OTC" RTT, but here is my attempt at a home-made one. Total costs border around $300. I could probably do it for less now that I have built one and know exactly what I'd need...

EDIT: I call it FRANKINTENT

I am impressed and I like the Frankintent. Nice job!! :clapsmile

AML

Adventurer
That is pretty cool. Did you start with another tent and modify it or did you start from scratch?

kai38

Explorer
11149358_10205275200783253_6182921148498632189_n.jpg

Mitch502

Explorer
Started with my tent (orange/gray half) and then realized to make it the size I wanted, it would need to be a bigger tent. Got on CL and found a tent with no poles for super cheap and jumped on it. Lined them up, my dad assisted in helping sew them together as he has done many car interiors, and then went from there. Basically all of it is homemade.

3/4" base
1/2" conduit for supports
3" angle iron for hinge brackets
1/2" steel plate rod for hinges themselves
nylon coated wire to attach each support to the other/to the base
1/2" steel plates with carriage bolts to attach to cross bars
telescopic ladder from Amazon for ladder, and it is bolted on.

It took me a couple months to build do to taking a decent break before sewing up the tent. Overall I could build one in a weekend now if I wanted.

beadblaster

Observer
Treeline Outdoors Roof Top Tent

Couple of pics of my Treeline Outdoors Rooftop Tent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 54

Forum statistics