Price on Discoveries

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Looks like I'm going to be getting rid of my Kj in a nasty divorce. I was wondering what the price range should be for early 90s discoveries and what should I be looking at for issues?

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Any problems that I should look for? There is a place by where I work that has 2 discoveries not sure of the years. Kind of a shady place. Going to be taking a look at them.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
www.rangerovers.net it will tell you a lot of what you are wanting to know as far as common problems. Yes it's a Range Rovers site but mechanically and such they are the same pretty much.

For the earlier models I'd say $1500 - $3500 (94 - mid 99)

JSQ

Adventurer
Just read the www.discoweb.org classifieds.
You'll quickly get an education in economics and pricepoint for the Disco1.

Nothing sells for a dollar more than it's worth and nothing at the right price lasts more than a short while.

Ruffin' It

Explorer
So sorry to hear about the divorce and the fallout. I've been there and it was probably the most miserable experience of my life. Disco I's are great, but don't over look the Range Rover Classics. Basically the same mechanically as the Discos (and very close to the defenders). Nice ride and lots of room. My $0.02 would advise avoiding the Disco II, but that is probably just because I owned one (ironically that I lost in my own nasty divorce).

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
If you have the option of travel to get one, try to find one in the south for the obvious reasons.
I'd try to avoid one with sunroofs, but if you find one you really like that has them, even with a southern one check under the floor soundproofing for rust.
'96 and after are OBDII so you have less flexibility on engine changes that might affect emissions.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
'96 and after are OBDII so you have less flexibility on engine changes that might affect emissions.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader

That would only leave 94/95 with the wimpy 3.9 engine. You could always drop in a 4.6 and have quite a bit of power.

I had a 96 DI and loved it.

Ruffin' It

Explorer
As long as you can put up with the ridiculous amount of flamming that goes on there - it is like a high school locker room in there. But in terms of LR knowledge - there isn't a better site online.

Just read the www.discoweb.org classifieds.
You'll quickly get an education in economics and pricepoint for the Disco1.

Nothing sells for a dollar more than it's worth and nothing at the right price lasts more than a short while.

S

stu454

Sorry about the divorce.

Feel free to run anything by us.

We won't steer you wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater