Project Fauxverlander 200 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Next up was the ARB Step/Side Rails. I realize many don't like the look of the integrated side rails between the rockers and the front bumper and I can understand that. For me they are embraced. I've had them on my 40 Series for 15 years, my 100 for 5 and I'm sure I'll come to be glad I have them on the 200 as well. They've saved countless fenders and the look works for me personally. They are a fair bit of work to install, particular the frame mounts on the KDSS side of the frame (left). There is a bunch going on with the KDSS plumbing and ARB really had to make some interesting brackets to allow the mounting. The deck plates come with an natural aluminum finish, I had them coated in a satin black to match the deck plate on the rear bumper, all mirrors of the directions I went on the 100 Series.

rail_1%20%28Small%29.jpg

Mounting the side rails

rail_3%20%28Small%29.jpg

Mounting the side rails

rail_2%20%28Small%29.jpg

Passenger side complete, waiting for the deck plate

rail_4%20%28Small%29.jpg

Drivers side complete, powder-coated deck plate installed.

IMG_7416%20%28Small%29.JPG

Had a great Cruise Moab, particularly some ghost town exploring on the way home.

jah310

Adventurer
Kurt,

Do you have the ARB recovery points in stock? If so I'd perhaps be interested in a set.

Build looks awesome!

Thanks,

mph

Expedition Leader
Well, that looks awesome...Plus, I am sure the performance is outstanding. Remind me, did you do a gear swap?

cruiseroutfit

What a build! Lottery winner?

Nope, pigeon-holed & spender :D

The parts belong to my company (Cruiser Outfitters), I depreciate them over the life of the vehicle. I do all the labor so the only real kick was the initial purchase and I waited until the right deal popped up after searching seriously for about 6 months.

If I won the lottery, this build would be on a 2016 :cool:

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
Lookin good. I saw the pic on the coverage thread. I was wondering if you were going to head down since I didn't see your name listed anywhere on the Expo West site. Then I saw the pic and was like yup, he's there.

purdytj

seeker
Kurt, I really like your build and I'm researching some front bumpers for my LX570. What made you choose ARB over TJM? I see TJM doesn't require sawing the stock bumper and it is a bit cheaper - if I can find a supplier.

Willman

Kurt - Great to catch-up with you during the ExPo. Your cruiser is a piece of art! Your 200 Eye candy was a hit at SE/ARB booth! I had to drink a lot of water....between Doug's 70 and your 200....:drool:...It was like I was in Land Cruiser heaven.....Oh wait....Land Cruiser heaven is in SLC at Greg's place. :)

Cheers.

cruiseroutfit

Doing some fun side by side comparisons, VDJ200 versus URJ200

IMG_7841 (Small).JPG

IMG_7854 (Small).JPG

Which has the pop on acceleration? The 3UR wins both BUT I'm certainly lighter than the HEMA truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3