Project MULE - Expedition build on a 1991 1500 4x4 Suburban

PMA4x4

Adventurer
I finally pick my front winch bumper parts up today. I am also dropping off the rear winch bumper files for cuttin next week.

Its going to be a welding weekend! :wings:

PMA4x4

Adventurer
View attachment 142194

This thing gets around 12mpg. It has 4.56's and 35's.

Where in AZ are you, and where did you get the lights?

Nice looking sub you have there look forward to watching your progress.

-John

John, if you are referring to my headlights its a few pieces and a wiring kit you get from LMC Truck. Changes them from sealed beamed to H4 halogens on there own dedicated wiring and circuit with relays.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
I cant wait to see what the end results are. I have had very similar plans for a get away/expo rig. Everything down to the suburban and lift and rank and all. Hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' some of your ideas!!

End results maybe a bit further down the road. The build will continue but just a bit slower now. as for the ideas... have at it! Usually when i get an idea from another thread I try and gives props to that person for the original idea.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Its slowly coming together. I have had to make some adjustments in the file and on the parts but its squaring up nicely.

bump-20.jpg

bump-22.jpg

bump-23.jpg

bump-24.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Final touches. It would also make welding much easier and cleaner when one learns to check ground cable connection when one has issues

bump-27.jpg

bump-28.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Full mount and test fit of everything

Ya kinda get that warm fuzzy feeling inside when a project comes together this good!

bump-29.jpg

bump-30.jpg

bump-31.jpg

bump-32.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
As you see it, it is fully bolted up and ready to go in the pics.

It mounts up just fine. I had to do some extra work on this first one. As i reworked it i reworked the files so the next one should just snap together.

Last edited:

utherjorge

Observer
Mailing that to me in Pennsylvania would be, what, $10 bucks? $20? Because I'd buy that bumper in a heartbeat.

$30 bucks? No? Where's everyone going?

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Well, if you can weld or know someone who can, this bumper will be available as a DIY soon. and shipping then wont be much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman