QuadsBC's 05 Double Cab Tundra Family Expo Build

QuadsBC

Adventurer
I'm going to stick with 650's if they start leaking in another 4 months I'll switch to fox or king.

Next little project:

GasCan

Observer
Hey I love your antenna relocation solution for the snorkel. I was thinking of going to the drivers side also but didnt want to mess with a second fender.

Here was my solution.

And I, Like you, had my ICONs gave out prematurely. Im on KINGs now. So far so good, but the winter will be the acid test.

GC

Last edited:

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Looks like another phantom grey tundra! I did some reasearchon the icons before I purchased them and couldn't find much bad info on them. Plus they had a limited lifetime warranty, better than king and fox. Maybe they had a bad run. Like I said I'll give it one more try and hope they hold up. Thers a lot of little things that could influence the failure down to oil seal tolerance. Thoes Kings look beastly. What failed on your icons? Was it covered?

GasCan

Observer
They started leaking. Shafts rusted. Even with the anti corrosion coating.

The outfit I got them off of stopped carrying them. Never even thought to look into warrenty.

Luv the phantom grey!

Hope to get my home brew sliders on this weekend!

GC

HighPlains

Observer
They started leaking. Shafts rusted. Even with the anti corrosion coating.

The outfit I got them off of stopped carrying them. Never even thought to look into warrenty.

Luv the phantom grey!

Hope to get my home brew sliders on this weekend!

GC

Do you have a build thread anywhere on yours?

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Sliders look awesome! You should make a build thread.

I finished up the ditch light brackets and wiring. Not too happy with the lights, probably going to get some flood style in the future.

GasCan

Observer
I should do a build thread. Most of it is over in TundraSolutions.

Our trucks almost look like brothers separated at birth!

GC

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I should do a build thread. Most of it is over in TundraSolutions.

Our trucks almost look like brothers separated at birth!

GC

Please start one here. I like where your truck is going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GasCan

Observer
See, they are almost twins.

Had I been on the ball when a Grey Capper was available on Kijiji (like craigslist in Canada) I would have a cap instead of the bedrack...but I waited too long.

Ill start a build thread, but it will be alittle backwards, since most has been done.

Tomorrow I put on my sliders.

GC

toyotech

Expedition Leader
See, they are almost twins.

Had I been on the ball when a Grey Capper was available on Kijiji (like craigslist in Canada) I would have a cap instead of the bedrack...but I waited too long.

Ill start a build thread, but it will be alittle backwards, since most has been done.

Tomorrow I put on my sliders.

GC

I like fast forward build threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

QuadsBC

Adventurer
WooHoo!!! They are back!!!

Rebuilt both coilovers, replaced both shafts and loaded head assembly's. $455 worth of work.

Here's the new symptom. Squeak squeak! Loud enough to wake the neighbors.

Video:

Called icon, they said drive it for a few hundred miles. Awesome listening to that for a few hours. Yes tried all the sprays. If I put my hand on the spring the noise goes away.

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
Interested in how you mounted those lights to the mirrors. I have a pile of extra lights around and a pair of cubes that could go there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater