Random RIG Shots

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

verdesardog

Explorer
Azul Brute before the addition of lights!

1174.jpg

Last edited:

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
I can't remember the fuel usage, I think it's similar to my truck, about 9-10MPG, maybe less because he drives faster than me.

When you consider the size and weight that's not bad.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
i don't see how he's achieving those numbers with a petrol V8. i would've put it closer to 5 or less depending on terrain, winds, etc. are you running a diesel or petrol motor?

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Sorry diesel, in Oz nobody in their right mind uses petrol so I assumed that was clear :)

Actually that's not entirely true, I have two mates who have used petrol V8s in trucks, but they aren't in their right mind so I guess that statement still holds. One of them came good and swapped it for an Isuzu 6, the other still has the V8. The guy who did the swap started with a Rolls Royce motor so the V8 (454 IIRC) was a lot better fuel wise and he was happy, but it broke too often so he swapped to diesel.

My truck came with a petrol straight 6, the first thing I did was swap it for a Perkins so I never got mileage figures but rumour has it that petrol motor got 2-3MPG in a 10-ton truck. As it's an Army truck I guess they didn't care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal