Random RIG Shots

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

DrMoab

Explorer
Mtntech's rig on the Devils Race Track. San Rafael Utah.
tom3.jpg

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
TLC at a 4wd comp in Colombia, SA
4wd_comp_70.sized.jpg

my 1977 Nissan Patrol Ute...
june_2008_7.sized.jpg

Pinzie on the Fishermans Creek Trail in Wyoming...
Pinzoff_road6.sized.jpg

My Patrol on the road to Crown King in Arizona....
trench8.sized.jpg

Patrol on Terminator in Arizona...
P1010229.sized.jpg

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I took UTE to mean it was a Nissan Patrol pick-up. I've never seen one (or knew they existed) so I was hoping for pictures of that body style.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I took UTE to mean it was a Nissan Patrol pick-up. I've never seen one (or knew they existed) so I was hoping for pictures of that body style.

Ute does mean pickup and this is one. The first one in the USA actually, not the only one now. Two more came into the USA after I brought this one in so now there is 3 in the USA. A big Patrolhead I know imported a 79 Ute from Australia and a 77 (I think) from Saudi Arabi. She lives in SoCal and has something like 18 Patrols!

I imported this truck from New Zealand in 04/05. Generally Ute means flat deck since most trucks in Oz come as a cab & chassis. This Ute came from Nissan as a cab & chassis which I was able to determine from the vin plate. They did come with a factory bed but it is super rare. The one the lady imported from Saudi has a factory bed. These were sold in Oz, South America, Thailand, The Middle East and I am sure a few more countries from the late 1960s to 1979. I paid next to nothing for the truck but the import cost me some cash. I bought it sight unseen so was a little disappointed when I found it had some rot but like I said the actual truck cost me next to nothing. It runs decent but I have not done anything with the truck since I imported it, just been sitting.

More pics are here....

http://www.rmp-o.com/gallery/1977PatrolUte

Last edited:

Box Rocket

Providence Canyon, Utah
_MG_2614.jpg

My old 40. Cat Canyon, Utah
IM000030.jpg

My old 40. Lonely in the office parking lot.
IMG_3104sm.jpg

My old minitruck.
RS_2t.jpg

My old 40 again. Helldorado, Moab
sliders.jpg

My other old minitruck....miss this one.
allofus.jpg

trying out the bumper on my 80
0407Moab11w.jpg

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Ute does mean pickup and this is one. The first one in the USA actually, not the only one now. Two more came into the USA after I brought this one in so now there is 3 in the USA. A big Patrolhead I know imported a 79 Ute from Australia and a 77 (I think) from Saudi Arabi. She lives in SoCal and has something like 18 Patrols!

I imported this truck from New Zealand in 04/05. Generally Ute means flat deck since most trucks in Oz come as a cab & chassis. This Ute came from Nissan as a cab & chassis which I was able to determine from the vin plate. They did come with a factory bed but it is super rare. The one the lady imported from Saudi has a factory bed. These were sold in Oz, South America, Thailand, The Middle East and I am sure a few more countries from the late 1960s to 1979. I paid next to nothing for the truck but the import cost me some cash. I bought it sight unseen so was a little disappointed when I found it had some rot but like I said the actual truck cost me next to nothing. It runs decent but I have not done anything with the truck since I imported it, just been sitting.

More pics are here....

http://www.rmp-o.com/gallery/1977PatrolUte

Pretty cool. For some reason it is reminding me of a CJ10a.

What engine does it have? SD33?

Last edited:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Pretty cool. For some reason it is reminding me of a CJ10a.

What engine does it have? SD33?

nah the SD33 was not put in Patrols until 1980. It has the P engine which is basically the same as the P40. A big 4L inline six that has plenty of power for these trucks.

And if you think this looks cool...you should see the one the lady got in Saudi, trucks don't rust over there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk